Moto Droid operating by itself and rebooting?

JTDroid

Reaction score
I have had my moto droid for about 6 months everything has been fine until the past week or so, at one point i connected the charger and the phone just rebooted, i thought it was just a fluke so i didnt pay no mind, then it started working on its own it kept trying to add widgets by itself with out me touching it and it wudnt let me turn it off, and now i try to run the speedtest.net app to check my internet speed and it froze for a bit and restarted. It is a completely stock motodroid.

Can anyone help, have had or resolved this problem? Please any advice would be helpful, what should i do?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the stock charger all the time? I know that using a charger from my wifes phone makes my Droid perform black magic.

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
I think what may have caused the problem was maybe wen i used my brothers charger for his blackberry but that was for like 10 minutes, and actually that was the first time it reboot, but the rest of the times i only use the original charger and the car charger that is from verizon.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you overclocked? I have had this problem caused by 2 different situations when overclocked. One was fixed by replacing setcpu with a newer version. The other appeared to be an overheating problem when pushing the overclock too far.

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
No overclocking, its just a stock droid, no launchers or anythin just a couple of apps and thats it, it was fine until the first reboot, now im just worrying bout what i should do, because i really dont want a refurb one, lol