Droid X rebooting by itself?

droidxep

Reaction score
I had the leaked 2.2 version and it did the same thing. Flashed back to 2.1 because of it and had no issue. As soon as I got the ota it started right back up. I'm convinced its just 2.2, to many people are having the same issue for it not to be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
I had the leaked 2.2 version and it did the same thing. Flashed back to 2.1 because of it and had no issue. As soon as I got the ota it started right back up. I'm convinced its just 2.2, to many people are having the same issue for it not to be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok if it is 2.2 then that makes me feel a little better. I hope they find a fix for it here soon and send out a patch.

Technoman

Reaction score
If it were the 2.2 update, then EVERYONE would be having this problem. There are a lot more than you think that are NOT having the problem. Therefore, it is more likely a conflict between an APP, and the 2.2 update.

Mine has restarted a couple of times, but I am finding that it only does it if I have Trillian running. You won't find it on the market, but it is in Beta.

For those of you who are rooted, have root only APP's, themes, alternate launchers ect...... you can't complain. You have taken your phone out of the OTA 2.2 update. Therefore your problem could be related to any of the above.

TheFLaSH

Reaction score
Your going to hear the blame game here. Since some people are not having problems then it must be something you have done.
It is not a Root, app, anti-virus, sd card, version, or any else but a Droid X problem. There is nothing constant about the restarting, rebooting issue. I went weeks without having it happen. Others have it happen more often. Some have it when talking, some just sitting on the arm of their chair. Motorola does not have a clue. One tech thought it may be a widget causing it. Some think it is the phone trying to get a connection.
I have not had a reboot with my Boxed New replacement. My original phone did not start rebooting for over a month after I received the phone.
I went stock for two weeks before my phone had another restart.
I refused a Like New Replacement. Took me over an hour and 4 rep's, and a Manager before I got my New Replacement. If my phone had a problem then it was sold to me with the problem.

Technoman

Reaction score
Your going to hear the blame game here. Since some people are not having problems then it must be something you have done.
It is not a Root, app, anti-virus, sd card, version, or any else but a Droid X problem.

And you know this because????? You may have had a phone issue, but that does not mean that every issue is related to a phone issue.

Is 2.2 perfect? No!! Is it better than 2.1 update 1? Miles!!

My X with stock 2.2 works just fine... only occasional resets (and I can connect them with signal issues), no lag issues (even with over 100 APPs), I love my Droid X!! My Droid 1 rooted was having a lot of reset issues before I got the X.