most famous Android phone

Nice95gle

Reaction score
I was having a discussion with my bubby and he said that the og droid is the most famous android phone to date. I told him I believe it's the g1 followed by the og droid X. It would be interesting to hear what you guys think as being the most famous android phone.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Opinions will be like bootyholes when it comes to the #2 on the list..... i would think most would say the d1 simply because it was the first. A nostalgic sorta tribute like how everyone likes the old 8 bit nintendo. But the #2 on the list would then vary according to which droid the person got. I like the x too, but some may say whatever phone they got

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

RockXP

Reaction score
Droid Charge is the most popular phone. Mod close up this thread. :p

celtic11

Reaction score
Well my opinion would be the OG DROID. Im also a purist that believes the term "OG" shouldn't be used with any phone other than the DROID 1. I had never even heard of android until the OG came out.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think D1 is the most popular android phone to date. If I'm not mistaken, the g1 was the first android phone so that should at least have some credit for starting it all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

b-jammin21

Reaction score
OG D1 is certainly the most famous/popular Android phone to date. Ask somebody about a Motorola Droid and they'll at least know what is is. Heck, the probably have/had one. Just like everyone had a Nintendo lol.

I definitely think it's the most modded, rommed, developed phone to date. And that alone should show that it's the most popular...

Btw, if you disagree with me on this, you're wrong.

Haha!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I would think the HTC Evo for Sprint may take the cake, at least in the US. It is a little surprising to me that it sells so well, since Sprint is a smaller carrier than AT&T and Verizon. But it has topped lists as best selling device many times, even outselling the Thunderbolt and Atrix in Q2. HTC Evo 4G Was the Best Selling Android Phone in Q2 It has topped the charts almost every quarter since it has come out I believe.

Recently the best selling Android phone may be the Samsung Galaxy S 2. It has been selling quite well worldly from my understanding.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Og droid1. Why? That was really the first phone to fire the opening shot on the iphone juggernaut, an actually make a mark. I don't think android would be where it is without the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
everyone's opinion will vary, but no doubt the og Droid put Android on the map. It may not be the most popular one, but it definitely started it all and for that we can thank the newer phones and this forum