why im not upgrading to a new phone

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
im fine with my OG droid i dont care that its outdated or slow. im fine with the OG droid theres so many Roms and hacks for it. i can never get bored using this phone and most new phones have third party skins on em. I hate 3rd party skins and i prefer stock android.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I am happy for you.

Three things to remember about my Droid 2 Global

Stock processor clocks higher than most OG droids can go. OCs, while shaky because of the locked kernel, can sustain 1.35 Ghz.

512 MB of ram makes GB quite the option for me without needing hacks/caching tweaks

Gfx processor is slightly faster.

Reasons why Im not upgrading to a 4G phone? (broke) and no models for verizon have a keyboard.

switching to Sprint for the samsung epic sounds miiigghhhtttyyy tempting

jseah

Reaction score
One problem with the OG Droid is that now there are more and more new apps coming out that doesn't support it. Plants vs. Zombies is one, and Contract Killer is another that I can think of off the top of my head.

keyblade

Reaction score
Or that theres nothing good or they're too expensive (Charge).

4G phones eat battery, are huge.

Dual core phones running OS that doesn't support dual core, no 4G.

Have to wait for something that isn't awful.

OP
ILUVDROID

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
Or that theres nothing good or they're too expensive (Charge).

4G phones eat battery, are huge.

Dual core phones running OS that doesn't support dual core, no 4G.

Have to wait for something that isn't awful.

yeah my thoughts exactly i had an xperia play but i retuned it the phone was just not for me and im tired of waiting for the iphone 5

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
A lot of the apps that don't make the OG cut (specifically games) I wouldn't want to even try playing on a phone... a tablet for sure. But I've tried Plants vs Zombies on my friends iPhone and it is unbearable to play compared to the PC and tablet versions.

I'll probably be holding on to my OG until it fails me. A year and half so far and it still keeps me on my toes.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One problem with the OG Droid is that now there are more and more new apps coming out that doesn't support it. Plants vs. Zombies is one, and Contract Killer is another that I can think of off the top of my head.

A lot of those games will work just fine on the Droid 1 if you lock them in memory. Let the os dump other apps instead of the game. YMMV!!

OP
ILUVDROID

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
A lot of the apps that don't make the OG cut (specifically games) I wouldn't want to even try playing on a phone... a tablet for sure. But I've tried Plants vs Zombies on my friends iPhone and it is unbearable to play compared to the PC and tablet versions.

I'll probably be holding on to my OG until it fails me. A year and half so far and it still keeps me on my toes.

i dont play any games on my droid except emulators. i play all my mobile games on my iPod touch and iPad