More Pixel 2 Features Leaked!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Well aside from the fact that I don't carry my actual pc in my pocket so it has room for even irrelevant ports just in case. Also your pc should be able to have some sort of backwards compatibility whereas my phone doesn't need it.

My headset on my pc is usb powered and wireless... My speakers aren't but they also use 4 separate plugs and are at least 11 years old so... There's that.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
That is my point exactly. You don't carry around extra cords and dongles just as you said you don't carry around my pc. 99.9% of phones w/o jacks are usbc, while most bt headphones are still micro ubc, therefore necessitating an extra cord for charging purposes.

Also don't take this as a personal attack truly it's not.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use headphone jacks anymore.. I'm all BT. So much easier!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That is my point exactly. You don't carry around extra cords and dongles just as you said you don't carry around my pc. 99.9% of phones w/o jacks are usbc, while most bt headphones are still micro ubc, therefore necessitating an extra cord for charging purposes.

Also don't take this as a personal attack truly it's not.
While I get your point I posit that my headphone lasts a week without being charged, therefore I can spend plenty of time out while leaving the charging cord at home with my computer or charger. It's not something extra to carry around.

also Bluetooth audio and fidelity is better than a headphone port, not all the time but quite often it is.

I thought we were having a friendly argument regarding the potential usability of the headphone port over bluetooth. I don't know why I'd take offense.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They include an adapter. You're arguing for a headphone jack as if they are eliminating all ability to use wired headphones. They are not. The only time it's an issue is when you're charging, which I can't remember the last time that was the case for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
They include an adapter. You're arguing for a headphone jack as if they are eliminating all ability to use wired headphones. They are not. The only time it's an issue is when you're charging, which I can't remember the last time that was the case for me.

I will say, not being able to charge and use it at the same time is a strange limit.. on long road trips that could poten.... oh wait... this exists

http://a.co/73N4R6O

so... there you can charge and use your car radio, unless your car doesn't have a radio in which case I can't help you there... well.. I can, in person, just not over the internet.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with your point about the long road trips, but kind of a few and far between scenario for most.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I just personally hate having to buy accessories just to do something I was able to do previously, especially something that I still use. Yeah that's great that you can still technically do it but it's inconvenient having to carry extra accessories sometimes.

Just yesterday my bluetooth headphones died in the middle of my workout. All I had to do was walk over to my locker, grab the cord and I was good to go.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just personally hate having to buy accessories just to do something I was able to do previously, especially something that I still use. Yeah that's great that you can still technically do it but it's inconvenient having to carry extra accessories sometimes.

Just yesterday my bluetooth headphones died in the middle of my workout. All I had to do was walk over to my locker, grab the cord and I was good to go.
I hope within the next few years this whole battery dying will be fixed through true wireless charging. If you are home or in a place that has it your device charges, including your headset... That's the future, not a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Sadly the future isn't here yet.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope within the next few years this whole battery dying will be fixed through true wireless charging. If you are home or in a place that has it your device charges, including your headset... That's the future, not a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Sadly the future isn't here yet.

Just think how fast you could charge your phone with one of these Wireless Chargers??

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
heh, just tap your phone and it's fully charged... put one at the entrance to every mall and shopping center, walk in, tap charged. shop walk out, tap again if you want to top off...

put at the entrance to a mall that they will charge in more ways than one. malls don't give nothing away for free anymore.