More Maps issues? (battery drain)

kefler

Reaction score
Since about a month now, fairly often I have days where my battery drains in < 6 hours. When this happens it is almost always because of maps. It shows up as using 40-50% of the battery. It says "awake time" is something like 25 minutes though. I can't tell why Maps is draining the battery.. I've tried deleting all offline maps, stopping latitude, and delting all data for the application but it hasn't helped.

It seems like this happened with a more recent version of Maps.. wondering if it's another bug.. anyone else have this issue?

acejavelin

Reaction score
I have not seen this, and use Maps daily currently on version 6.14.1. Verify in Settings-Locations settings in Maps that everything is off/unticked and Location reporting is set to not updated. It might also be worth it to uninstall all updates, clear cache/data, do a battery pull reset, and then reapply updates.

gerrya

Reaction score
Since about a month now, fairly often I have days where my battery drains in < 6 hours. When this happens it is almost always because of maps. It shows up as using 40-50% of the battery. It says "awake time" is something like 25 minutes though. I can't tell why Maps is draining the battery.. I've tried deleting all offline maps, stopping latitude, and delting all data for the application but it hasn't helped.

It seems like this happened with a more recent version of Maps.. wondering if it's another bug.. anyone else have this issue?
I noticed this last week. It says maps but its really not maps, its anything that is using the GPS, android lists it as Maps using it.. I rebooted 2 times and it stopped. I cant figure out what it is. I did turn off my location in the Sportacular app and it has not come back.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Try switching to a different battery monitor, I use GSam Battery Monitor, it is pretty good at tracking down these things.

OP
K

kefler

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.. I did the full maps uninstall and it didn't help.. I am thinking Untappd... it does some location stuff and it has been crashing and getting stuck a lot lately. I'll start disabling that stuff soon.