[MOD] No Throttle, No Clock, No Throttle/Clock

atesc

Reaction score
Below I have modded the services.jar file from Liberty 1.0.

I would recommend holding off on downloading these files until I have a chance to update it for 1.5.

I have tested these files on my Droid X, running Liberty 1.0, with gingerbread mod. I do not know how they will work on a Droid 2 because I do not have one. I have not tested them on other themes, but I would be willing to do specific mods on request if they do not work. It's not to difficult. This is my second post, but I learned a lot from my first one. In case anyone is wondering I used these sites to help me create these mods to the services.jar file.

Compile/Decompile Apk and Jar files for Android Smartphones

How to Create Android Update Zip Package

This mod works for sure with default and gingerbread theme, although it does work with others, color changes in the notification bar have been seen.
I take no responsibility for what any of these .zip files may do to your phone. You must have atleast .340 update and Liberty 1.0.

Files:

No Throttle
No Clock
No Throttle + No Clock

-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select <the .zip file you downloaded>
-reboot

Done. Please post any bugs, problems, or requests.

Last edited:

DThomp

Reaction score
Could you do them for faded?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Antikorper

Reaction score
Works fine. Could you do one for linear tho? Some of the text is too dark to read. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mbjr

Reaction score
I know what no throttle is, but what's no clock? and would love to have this for nextheme.

pandabear

Reaction score
Does "no throttle" keep the phone's data connection from being throttled by verizon in congested areas? If so, can anyone verify that it works?

msburr87

Reaction score
Does "no throttle" keep the phone's data connection from being throttled by verizon in congested areas? If so, can anyone verify that it works?

No throttle works tested it many times

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
A

atesc

Reaction score
I know what no throttle is, but what's no clock? and would love to have this for nextheme.

No clock would refer to not have a clock on the notification bar.

No throttle = uncapped data = what you stated, they are a set of files in the service.jar, in ..\smali\com\android\server (once decompiled). All I did was delete them and recompile.

I will get to the other themes as soon as I can get them downloaded. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make the files work for all themes please let me know, because it seems the ones I uploaded cause some discoloration of the notification bar. I am still new to this whole process so any tips or tricks would be helpful!

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
So throttle means verizon cuts down power on your phone when there are a lot of people on

cryogenic666

Reaction score
Can't say it did much for me... then again, Verizon's speeds in my area are downright terrible. No matter what, I'm lucky to get 500kbit/sec. At least the coverage is awesome and it ALWAYS works. It's just slow as crap. :(

turdbogls

Reaction score
put me into bootloop with thunderv2 theme. I just cant seem to get liberty to work for me the way i want it to. back to GJ for me....still the most stable/reliable ROM for me.

djsiva

Reaction score
Before
1: 405 down 223 up
2: 562 down 157 up
3: 458 down 132 up

After
1: 520 down 442 up
2: 450 down 503 up
3: 768 down 542 up

Seems like an improvement on the up speed, but it is still slow for me. On my previous phones with VZW, I regularly pulled 1.5 to 2 mbps down. Now I'm pulling less than 1? What's up with that?

Nate