mobile defence??

OP
yamaha83

yamaha83

Reaction score
Hmmm well I see it there now but I can't find it in the market place... is there a way to load apps from you PC to the droid??

Odysseus

Reaction score
Doesn't work. All the scanning does is link you to its page on the marketplace, if it's not on the market place...

For some reason it's removed from the Droids marketplace, that and Layar.

Odysseus

Reaction score
Verizon’s new Droid is currently not supported by Layar Layar

Verizon’s new Droid is currently not supported by Layar

Layar is currently not compatible with the Verizon Droid by Motorola that was launched today in the US.
This is due to an API change in the Android implementation on this device. It breaks a feature that was enabling Layar to draw a camera view in portrait mode and overlay it with the well-known Layar interface elements. Unfortunately this is not something that can be fixed easily. Therefore Layar is not available for users of Verizon’s Droid phone at this moment. Note that the Verizon Droid Eris phone is supported, as it runs on a different Android implementation.
The upcoming major version of Layar (v3) will change this and we will also support Android 2.0 devices in this new version. We expect this version to hit the Android Market in a few weeks. For all of you with a Verizon Droid, thanks for your patience.

xxfire

Reaction score
Hmmm well I see it there now but I can't find it in the market place... is there a way to load apps from you PC to the droid??

dude, scan the barcode and install it...

How many people is it really that easy for? In theory it SHOULD be, but holding your camera there for over 2 mins with it never focusing, gets old real quick.

Second focus it beeped and picked it for me, it's just not in the marketplace is all...

Zippster

Reaction score
dude, scan the barcode and install it...

How many people is it really that easy for? In theory it SHOULD be, but holding your camera there for over 2 mins with it never focusing, gets old real quick.

Second focus it beeped and picked it for me, it's just not in the marketplace is all...

Funny thing is, I have the "keyring" app for my wife on here that allows you to scan all your bonus cards and have them in your phone, the recently updated version of it scans all my bonus cards almost instantly, the new shop savy is also working "better", maybe an update on barcode scanner will help until the patch.

mad3963

Reaction score
Check out Mobile Security from Flexilis in the Market. Seems like a good antivirus app, so far. Also has features to backup your contacts and photos, as well as locate your phone via GPS if it is lost or stolen, and make it "SCREAM" when located. The locate feature works pretty well. Have not tried to make it "scream" (loud siren sound) yet, as I am at work.