Mobile data keeps turning off!

GolfOx

Reaction score
3G area problems with data connection

I got the 2.3.4 update before it was pulled. Have had intermittent data connection problems since. I use wifi most of the time but it appears to be related to switching radios. It is working fine this morning. I do keep LTE off.

onefast96svt

Reaction score
Mine is still kinda screwy! Before internet would ONLY work if it was default to CDMA AUTO PRL. If I put it on any LTE I wouldnt get any internet what so ever. Now the phone, by itself, will switch default to CDMA/LTE Auto and work fine. Then go back to not picking up anything at all. Then I have to switch it back to CDMA AUTO PRL to get internet. Since I dont have service at my house I have to use a booster and wifi so I cant really run any tests here, and then when I get out of the house Im always busy. So I hope someone finds a cure.

capt. dan

Reaction score
I am running 2.3 and have a new phone coming to me this week. I would guess it will have 2.2, will see if that helps. Hopefully the new update is soon. I am wifi only, no data working at all right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
FWIW: I got the GB OTA before it was pulled. Since then I have noticed that juice defender and 2x battery apps cause more data connectivity problems than I had on Froyo. I stopped using them because my data connection would not come back without a reboot, several times a day. Even without those apps I seem to have more data connectivity issue than before. I've also had a few random reboots this week :( hoping this improves with the next OTA!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I can def confirm this... the restart connection app works just as good and is a lot quicker... And YouTube ain't worth a crap now for me only works on wifi or 4g

BucksBroke

Reaction score
Started with this problem of phone turning data on and off by itself, now progressed into only 1x data. Even after a couple reboots in different locations.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can def confirm this... the restart connection app works just as good and is a lot quicker... And YouTube ain't worth a crap now for me only works on wifi or 4g

What are you talking about "restart connection app"? I've never seen this. My phone loses the data connection sometimes as well. I find that I have to either reboot the phone (slow) or get into my 3G/4G switch and switch back and forth and it restores the connection. Is there an app that will do it in just one step?? If so, what is it called and is it in the market?

recDNA

Reaction score
What are you talking about "restart connection app"? I've never seen this. My phone loses the data connection sometimes as well. I find that I have to either reboot the phone (slow) or get into my 3G/4G switch and switch back and forth and it restores the connection. Is there an app that will do it in just one step?? If so, what is it called and is it in the market?

I'm still waiting to hear what this app is too.

eldub

Reaction score
I to have been having this issue since the July ota. I don't want to get my goes up but I haven't lost 4g since the latest gingerbread ota. I am in a strong 4g area with stock tb. Has anyone else noticed a difference since the last ota?

delerivm

Reaction score
Yes it seems to be better now for me too. I'm going to enable the 2X Battery or juice defender app today and see if I have any issues with the data connection restoring like I notice with the original GB OTA.

corby

Reaction score
There is an app called 4g LTE on/off try that out an see if it keeps u connected to net

cbryant1809

Reaction score
Same issue Verizon told me there's go.na be another ota in 7 to 10 days to fix it, I say its bull but w.e

dmproske

Reaction score
Mine was doing this 5or6 times a day after the 1st gb update. I am in a strong 4g area, would loose all internet. Phone would just sit there. Would have to toggle data, reboot. Couple times I gave up...would sometimes come back on its own. Other times I would loose 4g and get stuck on 3g. 3g sucks here in Houston unless you happen to be right under a tower.

Since this recent gb update 2 days ago it has been solid and dependable but I am watching it closely.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score

Sorry guys have not been following type restart connections in the market place it works really well let me know if u find it its free

kparks

Reaction score