mms photos coming in as videos via txt messaging...

litolpea

Reaction score
i am on a verizon moto droid.
about two weeks ago, i started receiving text from a sprint user that contained pictures. when i click download, it will download them as if they are a video. i have to click an arrow, it will "play" the picture, then close it in a couple of seconds.

when i receive pics from verizon users, i click download and wala! the pic appears.
this USED to be the case with said sprint user..
but all of a sudden, it has changed.

the only thing on my end has been an update to handcent. but it will do the same thing with the native messaging client too.

i havent tested it with ATT or t-mo. but i cant think of anything that has changed really in two weeks.

anyone else having this issue?

meannathan

Reaction score
i am on a verizon moto droid.
about two weeks ago, i started receiving text from a sprint user that contained pictures. when i click download, it will download them as if they are a video. i have to click an arrow, it will "play" the picture, then close it in a couple of seconds.

when i receive pics from verizon users, i click download and wala! the pic appears.
this USED to be the case with said sprint user..
but all of a sudden, it has changed.

the only thing on my end has been an update to handcent. but it will do the same thing with the native messaging client too.

i havent tested it with ATT or t-mo. but i cant think of anything that has changed really in two weeks.

anyone else having this issue?

Mine has always came in like that so I don't know what would have changed to make it do that I just always assumed that was just how Android read the messages.

FITCamaro

Reaction score
I am getting this problem as well as of late. Had someone try to send me a picture and it arrives as a video. They're on T-Mobile. Its annoying. Not sure how to fix this.