Trouble receiving picture messages...

zachking88

Reaction score
Posted this under Droid Audio/Video and realized it should probably go here... heh.

I've had my Eris for about a month now and the whole time I've had it, I've been having some interesting problems regarding my picture messages.
Every now and then, the pics will come through just fine, no problems, but 90 percent of the time I get a box in the messaging thread that has a "Download" button. When I click the button, I get a message that says "Message not downloaded. Retransmission scheduled for (whatever time)." No matter how many times I click that button, the message stays the same and the picture doesn't come through.
Here's the funny thing though, sometimes the pictures will come from the wrong contact; for instance, my friend just sent me a picture and it came through under my brother's message thread like he had sent it. My mind is blown about that one.
Anyone else having/had this problem?

jbooty

Reaction score
pictures not downloading

I am having the same issues sparatically with my HTC droid. I had a friend send me a picture 3/25 and it didn't make it to my phone until 3/27 later in the day, and when it did get to me, it has the little download box that says it will expire on a certain date/time. I also have issues with pictures finally downloading on their own, and then in my text history, it'll show the picture was received at a specific time when in fact it didn't come through until HOURS later. I have had my # put on another droid and received the same "download" errors while in the verizon store. I am at a loss of WHAT the problem is. I don't know if the software upgrade that is coming out (whenever that is) will fix this problem or what but in the meantime, i continue to pay my $30 data package every month and get maybe 25% of the pictures sent to me!

Hoover

Reaction score
I am having the same problem on Moto Droid. If I am not using the phone when I get a pic message I miss it. If I am using my phone when a pic message comes in sometimes I get prompted to accept it or download it and thats how it works for me.

Reaction score
Cocerning the moto droid picture receiving issues, I was reading on another forum (cyanogenmod) something like that, that with the new roms out some of them with the (ese53) build have trouble receiving pictures, I'm not sure why though. I know when I was running bb v 0.8 I couldn't receive pictures at all, so if you are rooted it may just be a software bug