MIUI Themed Icons

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have two questions. One being, are there two versions of your Custom Round Icons? And the second being, could you make me a gallery icon that looks like the default gallery icon? I tried my hand at this and I really have no idea how to make one. Yes, I had the template

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I have two questions. One being, are there two versions of your Custom Round Icons? And the second being, could you make me a gallery icon that looks like the default gallery icon? I tried my hand at this and I really have no idea how to make one. Yes, I had the template

No, there are not multiple "versions", there are however, multiple "revisions". Only the latest revision is available for download, as there is really no point in using an older one.

If you want a gallery icon that looks like the default gallery icon, why not just use the default gallery icon? Give me a good reason and I might make one.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

No, there are not multiple "versions", there are however, multiple "revisions". Only the latest revision is available for download, as there is really no point in using an older one.

If you want a gallery icon that looks like the default gallery icon, why not just use the default gallery icon? Give me a good reason and I might make one.

Oh, okay. Just making sure.

And I thought yours were shaped a little differently?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

They might be slightly different, but nothing you would notice unless you were analyzing it pixel for pixel. I mainly re-drew the shape as vector points in Illustrator so that the shape mask can be scaled to an unlimited size. So now we can have high-rez icons above and beyond the standard 90x90. I default mine to 128x128, but there is no reason you can't make them 256x256 or even 512x512. This would future-proof the icons for when Android finally comes to high-rez tablets or even computer screens. I have been working a lot with vector lately for this very reason.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

They might be slightly different, but nothing you would notice unless you were analyzing it pixel for pixel. I mainly re-drew the shape as vector points in Illustrator so that the shape mask can be scaled to an unlimited size. So now we can have high-rez icons above and beyond the standard 90x90. I default mine to 128x128, but there is no reason you can't make them 256x256 or even 512x512. This would future-proof the icons for when Android finally comes to high-rez tablets or even computer screens. I have been working a lot with vector lately for this very reason.

Hmm, I see. I don't know much about any of that so I can't really comment. But, on a side note, you did a great job with the theme. I like it quite a bit.

osully

Reaction score
Well, I tried to figure out your template but I have no idea what I'm looking at :p

I have a few requests...
Gmail Icon in Blue
Launcher Icon (attached image)
Generic Browser Icon in blue (typical globe image)
Facebook full icon
Camera Icon (close up of lens would be cool)
Blue RSS Icon with border
Games Icon in blue (a controller or something)
Utilities Icon in Blue
Google Navigation Icon (maybe the maps icon?)
EDIT: and one for the new chase mobile app

Tall order, I know :p

Attachments

• leiiv.png
    leiiv.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,201

mskks64

Reaction score
a few requests:
astro file manager
movies(flixster)
OI File Manager
Rom manager
Terminal Emulator
Thanks!!!

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Well, I tried to figure out your template but I have no idea what I'm looking at :p

I have a few requests...
Gmail Icon in Blue
Launcher Icon (attached image)
Generic Browser Icon in blue (typical globe image)
Facebook full icon
Camera Icon (close up of lens would be cool)
Blue RSS Icon with border
Games Icon in blue (a controller or something)
Utilities Icon in Blue
Google Navigation Icon (maybe the maps icon?)
EDIT: and one for the new chase mobile app

Tall order, I know :p

Some of these require existing artwork that I have already created, so I will do them, however, as the OP states, you must provide the artwork for icon requests, so I will not do the others until you send me links to the hi-rez files.

a few requests:
astro file manager
movies(flixster)
OI File Manager
Rom manager
Terminal Emulator
Thanks!!!

Same as above.

agunos

Reaction score
Hey, JRizzill,

Any idea where the system app icons (Such as MMS, Phone, Calendar, etc...) are stored in MIUI v6.4? I can only find 3rd party app icons in the data/system/customized_icons folder.

Thanks. Great work on the icons, the mods to MIUI, Swype...everything you do for this ROM!

They are embedded into the framework-res.apk.

I don't see the Calendar icon in here. Where can I find the calendar icon?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Easiest way is to pull /data/system/customized_icons_1/ and look for the icons you want themed, they are named by package.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks ZB. N_i_x told me how to do it with astro. I feel so stupid. lol

mskks64

Reaction score
where did you find the iphone based icons you posted individually? and can you put them in a zip so it's easier to download?

OP
Jrizzill

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
where did you find the iphone based icons you posted individually? and can you put them in a zip so it's easier to download?

I did not find them... I made them. And no, download the pack and extract them yourself.