MIUI seems a bit jumpy....

fishfood

Reaction score
After all of the hype and positive feedback, I had to try this ROM out for myself. Having come from the standard group of ROMs (SS, UD, LFY, etc etc) I was looking forward to something new and exciting... and I was NOT disappointed! It's fresh and certainly transforms my phone! However, I'm having an issue that is just nagging the snot out of me. The stock MIUI launcher is laggy as hell on my phone... I've tried switching kernels, playing with clock speeds, reflashing, even rewiping, with no success. I came to the conclusion that that's just how the ROM is, and flashed to PEv4, which I do love. However, I WANT to love MIUI as much as everyone else, so does anyone in the Team D1-MIUI community have any ideas??

Booch_21

Reaction score
FWIW, and I've only used MIUI less than a week, I noticed that it *appears* that the ROM gets better and more responsive as its on the phone longer. I have no basis for that statement other than observation, but it almost acts like it gets accustomed to the phone and settles in with it over a short time frame. Almost as if the more you do with it and launch things, the quicker the response is on those apps. I may be full of it, but judge for yourself after letting the ROM be for a few hours of normal use.

Mev0

Reaction score
FWIW, and I've only used MIUI less than a week, I noticed that it *appears* that the ROM gets better and more responsive as its on the phone longer. I have no basis for that statement other than observation, but it almost acts like it gets accustomed to the phone and settles in with it over a short time frame. Almost as if the more you do with it and launch things, the quicker the response is on those apps. I may be full of it, but judge for yourself after letting the ROM be for a few hours of normal use.

I think this may be true, too. After weeks of use (and using latest version), it seems that the ROM seems snappier. But then again mine is overclocked to like 1100/550 and I turned off the hi-res graphics in the launcher settings. Every time I test my quadrant score, I get first place so mine is doing well.

Are you using a ton of widgets and a lot of homescreens? That can noticeably slow it down.

OP
fishfood

fishfood

Reaction score
No, that was actually "right out of the package" no widgets installed at all. Tried OC as high at 1200 (usually NP on my device, although it gets a little squirrelly if I go higher) but still lots of hitches, esp when scrolling on the home screens. Just re-flashed after wiping cache/data as well as formatting boot and system... I'll see how that goes. Thanks for the input so far... keep it coming if anyone has any more!

Techno Droid

Reaction score
Can't quite remember but go to settings> navigate to launcher settings(the last tab to the bottom right)> and turn off hi-res graphics. That should fix the lag.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pup154

Reaction score
Mine was real jumpy too. I tried several different kernels and I found one that makes mine run smooth and really fast. I am using ChevyNo1 1.0Ghz ulowV now with no problems at all.
dancedroiddancedroid