MIUI Look with Launcher Pro Plus?

element192

Reaction score
Right now I'm using the stock MIUI Launcher because I love the look of it. Bu the "look" I mean the large, closely spaced icons. But I really miss Launcher Pro Plus because of the widgets and popups. I just don't like the smaller icon look of Launcher Pro as much as the MIUI Launcher. I've used programs to change the stock icons to MIUI styled icons but they are still really small and spaced far apart. I've also tried playing with some of the row/column settings in Launcher Pro to see if that changes anything, but with no luck. Does anyone know of anyway to get the real MIUI look with Launcher Pro???

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm using the stock MIUI Launcher because I love the look of it. Bu the "look" I mean the large, closely spaced icons. But I really miss Launcher Pro Plus because of the widgets and popups. I just don't like the smaller icon look of Launcher Pro as much as the MIUI Launcher. I've used programs to change the stock icons to MIUI styled icons but they are still really small and spaced far apart. I've also tried playing with some of the row/column settings in Launcher Pro to see if that changes anything, but with no luck. Does anyone know of anyway to get the real MIUI look with Launcher Pro???

If you use Desktop Visualizer you can make the icons large and more closely spaced. That's what I used when I didn't have MIUI flashed because I loved the icons. I'm using LP now though. There's just so much to do with it that you can't with the stock launcher.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I keep wanting to like the stock launcher, but its too slow and redraws all the time, even with samsonite's fix. I keep going back to Launcher Pro.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like to use Twlauncher..anyone else tried it yet?

If you're referring to touch wiz then yes, I have used that. I love it. But I just can't get away from LP's customization and widgets. Plus, I need the ability to change the number of rows and columns on my screens. I love the MIUI stock launcher too, it's pretty cool and really nice but again with LP's perks. Has anyone tried Go Launcher? It's really really smooth and has MIUI icons. The lockscreen icons for MIUI are it's default sms and phone icon. But you can have up to 30 homescreens. I wouldn't use it but it's a smooth and fast launcher.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of Go Launcher,but i'll check it out..thanks!

Yeah, no problem man. I hadn't either until I was talking to someone about ROMs running Gingerbread and what not and he just randomly told me to check it out so I did. I like it but you can't do a lot with it. But the UI is nice.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool actually...LP with a twist or two..lol

Yeah ha. I'd never use it as my default but it was fun to mess around with for those few minutes. I don't understand how no one has created sense widgets for people to use

Z

ZeroBarrier

No one creates sense widgets because htc loves to send C&D letters to people violating their IP.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one creates sense widgets because htc loves to send C&D letters to people violating their IP.

I heard about that but I would think that if LP can get away with doing it then there would be a way for others. HTC should just make it a paid app in the market

darylkris

Reaction score
is there any way to have the uniform icons from miui and apply them to other roms? that's all i really like miui for, that and the folder designs.

xformulax

Reaction score

I heard about that but I would think that if LP can get away with doing it then there would be a way for others. HTC should just make it a paid app in the market

LP isnt getting away with anything.

if you want to create or download a LP dock image that looks like sense, and then put invisible png's so that it looks like the sense buttons function... you're free to do so.

HTC isnt going to let some company do it and charge for it though :)

LP gives you the functionality to do with it what you wish...as far as the widgets are concerned. you can say they're similar but i say they're much different, and much better.

Look at beautiful widgets... they had BW that looked like sense... HTC sent a C&D... rather than cry about it, BW made it easily themable so that someone else could create a sense theme, and then HTC can cry to someone else while BW can continue selling their product.

Z

ZeroBarrier

LP+ widgets just look very similar, not identical (nowhere near identical for that matter). They can't C&D a person that's only making something that uses the same color for the widgets.

xformulax

Reaction score
is there any way to have the uniform icons from miui and apply them to other roms? that's all i really like miui for, that and the folder designs.

take the stock icons and drop them into your theme.zip

open theme.zip, browse to theme.zip/framework/res/drawable-hdpi-finger and put the icons inside, replacing the themed icons.