Miui ICS....

Micro23

Reaction score
ringtones...

Just wanted to give a heads up. Custom ringtones just simply would not work for me I had to load up the music app choose a song and choose set as ringtone.

Other then that it's pretty good, microphone button not working alt lock not working. Bootloader is screwed up.... It seems to run much faster when you install spare parts and turn off all animations.

Keyboard backlight was easy to fix.

NerdmastaX

Reaction score
I've been runnin it for a good minute now. No major issues besides rdp apps force closing and the wifi is just odd. But being new to droid 2 what are the mods everyone is doing (like jakebytes) and what do they do and how can I learn more about them all.

Oh and thanks for releasing this and ruining every other rom for me

Ics ftw

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

joeblow789

Reaction score
[Mods] Jakebitesmods V14 For D2 Ota Gb Kernel All Roms! [Mods] - RootzWiki
The best answer to your question is go here & read, read, read, then read more. Searching that thread for keywords should yield answers to just about any question. Then, once you feel like you've got a grasp of things, you could consider the GUI version. I think just installing jakesbites itself automatically enables a few well regarded tweaks. Messing around with more without learning first is not a good idea.

Flowah

Reaction score
Is there some reason that MIUI can release an ICS ROM, but no one else has yet?

NerdmastaX

Reaction score
Well someone else needs to play with the ics framework. Liberty ics anyone??? I love the speed of the rom and its customiseability but development seems very distant and slow. Perhaps this rom will never be completly flawless and I'm starting to see that the more I use it the more weird stuff I find.

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
This is the single most snappy, responsive ROM I've used to date. I love it.

Couple things I'm not used to, maybe you can help. Is there anyway to get the home screen to work in landscape mode? Any other cool features that miui has hidden. I've never used a miui Rom before. Thanks!

NerdmastaX

Reaction score
how did they do that blue light pre boot thing? i wanted to use that on cm7 seems like it could be handy...

oh and a side note, sams teach yourself java in 24 hrs is a pretty well written book. ive been lost inside it for days.

inssane

Reaction score
With miui, you use boot menu.
When you see the blue led during bootup, hit the down volume key and you'll be able to access recovery that way. You're saying that doesn't work?

I haven't read all pages, just in and out - so I can't use the boot from recovery button in CW? Also, can I boot from recovery from bootstrapper?
Or is this method above the only way?