MIUI 1.9.9 now available for DX

crypto

Reaction score
posted on miui.us
DXC ported the latest version of MIUI 1.9.9 for droid x (still on the froyo kernel)

[ROM] MIUI 1.9.9 NOW AVAILABLE

I updated today and it works great. His port includes bug fixes. V6 and powerboost scripts need to be re-applied but work fine once they are.

DXC MIUI.us said:
This is for the DROID X on the FROYO KERNEL.

I didn't want you guys to have to go a third week without an update, so I decided to appease your tastebuds and take some pressure off of Framework by porting 1.9.9 myself. I used Framework's base and the rest came from MIUI.US, credit to them! Let me just tell you guys, 1.9.9 is delicious...

WHATS DIFFERENT FROM 1.8.19
-I added my Screencap Fix
-I added my Airplane Bug Fix
-I added my Reboot to CWM mod
-I added my MMS attachment 1.2mb increase mod
-All changes from 1.8.26 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.2 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.9 have been implemented: CHANGELOG

Enjoy!

Instructions:
Put on SDCard
Boot to Clockwork Recovery, make a backup, and install zip from sdcard
Wipe Cache and Davlik Cache
Boot up and go to Superusers app (in Tools) and change ROOT Permissions to ON in settings

Download: CLICK
a72eb6b4586a01cb017adf5551f7ec79

If we go another week without an update, I'll port it again, but as soon as Framework releases his build, please switch to that version!

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
Small patch for this new release. If you downloaded 1.9.9.1 already from rom manager you don't need this

http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?5240-UPDATE-MIUI-1.9.9.1

DXC Miui.us said:
This fixes a small issue. The /preinstall and /sdcard folders inside 1.9.9 exist, but the updater script did not install them. 1.9.9.1 update will fix this.

THIS IS ONLY AN UPDATE, NOT THE FULL ROM. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS IF YOU ALREADY DOWNLOADED 1.9.9.1.

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11695745/DXC....1_Updater.zip

Instructions:
No need to wipe anything.
Flash with ClockworkMod Recovery.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to try this on the D2 with the keyboard fix.

Edit: It failed the kernel check.

jeff0r3

Reaction score
This is by far the best rom out there. This board should support MIUI, it has unbelievable devs and the functionality of it is great. Only thing is the batt life is terrible..

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
This is by far the best rom out there. This board should support MIUI, it has unbelievable devs and the functionality of it is great. Only thing is the batt life is terrible..

My battery life on MIUI is THE BEST I have ever gotten from any rom I've used. It's currently 10:50pm, i took my phone off charge this morning at 8am and I still have 69% battery left.
This is with moderate use (couple of phone calls and pandora). I'm running ULV 1.2ghz android overclock with profiles to set 800mhz at screen off. Also i have v6 supercharger and powerboost scripts running along with tweaking the auto brightness.

All those extras however are what I've run in previous roms with still terrible battery on CM7 and average battery on Liberty. In my opinion this is the best rom available for the DX right now. It comes with a million features built in, has virtually unlimited theming options (all of which are easy) plus it is very stable.

earlybill1

Reaction score
Ne 1 know what is best rom for froyo n maybe sum themes

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Cyklone

Reaction score
This is the best ROM I have run on my DX!

Battery life has been up there with the others that are good on battery. Liberty GB was on my DX for a few months and loved it immensely, snappy and great on battery.

Decided to try the MIUI now that it has stabilised in development. And WOW!! This thing is fast!! Boots in lerss than 30 secs and the customisation out of the box is superb. The launcher is super, kinda iphoney, but with the open android and widgets, gives you the option to customise it easily. And the theme engine is just gorgeous. Did I say its FAST?!?!

Liberty, Apex and SSX were my favourites since I got the DX almost 2 years ago. MIUI almost makes me not want to use my upgrade for a new phone.

Capper

Reaction score
Great ROM, but a couple problems.......

1. Cant put the phone in "SILENT/VIBRATE" mode via Switchpro Widget.

2. Tasker profiles are not working. From turning off data at night, to putting phone in silent mode, nothing seems to be working.