Missing Market

gacg2d

Reaction score
I upgraded my eris to the gingerbread 2.3 and now the market is missing. I've gone into my applications and it's not there at all. My phone won't download anything on the internet anymore either, and I see no place to set up email like I had before. There's no way to log into Google. There's practically nothing on my phone anymore and the camera just takes blank white pictures. Does anyone know how to fix any of this or at least get the market? I've read rave reviews about the update, so I know some people must be able to get it to work!

OP
G

gacg2d

Reaction score
I downloaded it from the PC to the SD card and when I put it back in the phone it didn't find that file when I was in recovery. Where do I save it/find it at?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It needs to be in the root of your SD card, just like your ROM. If your phone still doesn't see it, try to shorten the name... gapps.zip would work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
G

gacg2d

Reaction score
I've saved it on there, and it's in the same place as the other ROM, but it still won't show up once it's on my phone.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
  1. Power up your phone by holding down the Volume Up button and pressing Power to reboot into recovery mode.
    (If Volume Up + Power does not work for you, try Volume Down + Power and when prompted to do so in the HBOOT screen, select “Recovery” by pressing Volume Up)
  2. Scroll and press trackball to select “Flash zip from sdcard.”
  3. Scroll and press trackball to select “gapps.zip.”
  4. Scroll and press trackball to select “Reboot system” once the rootme.zip has been successfully flashed.
I just checked the file, and it needs to be flashed.

OP
G

gacg2d

Reaction score
That's exactly what I've been doing, but it's not there. When I plug the SD card into the computer, it is there tho.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it, do you have ASTRO file manager? Im wondering if you named it gapps.zip.zip? Hidden extensions in windows does that every once in a while. Other than that, Im at a loss.

OP
G

gacg2d

Reaction score
I used to, but since I upgraded to the 2.3 all of my apps are gone, so no I don't anymore. I finally got it to show up, and I installed it from recovery and it said it was successful, but I don't see anything different on my phone and I still don't have my market. Is there another step I need to take?