Installed Gingerbread ROM, BAD IDEA!!!

illmatic636

Reaction score
Now i have more problems. I managed to find an APK for ROM Manager and put the new rom on my card and renamed it update. But now when i try to install a rom, it asks me if i want to do it, then i hit ok for it to reboot and install the rom. As soon as i hit ok, nothing happens. I also tried going to the backup imade before and restoring that and it does the same thing. I hit ok and it just doesn't do anything!

I've also tried re rooting my phone because i thought this might be the problem. I get the app, hit ok to root my phone, and NOTHING happens. Something in my phone is limiting me from making changes, i just don't know what. SOMEONE get me out of this

You don't name apk's update and just flash them. they need to be installed on you phone through the OS. My suggestion is to look for Methods of unrooting your Eris. RSDlite is a program that will flash your phone back to stock. Go back to the beginning. I don't have an Eris, I just do up my girls phone for her. She is running CM7 RC4 with no issues.

Good luck

OP
S

slikrider20

Reaction score
I'm confused with the renaming thing......

And as far as RSDlite goes.........remember my computer won't find my phone? Just tried it and get the same result.

OP
S

slikrider20

Reaction score
Fixed my phone, didn't have the SuperUser App installed. Derrr Me. Started with CM7 RC4 but it wasn't that great, now running xtrROM with launcher pro and set cpu, and let me tell you this thing flies compared what it was.

wastelayer

Reaction score
Mount your USB mass storage through recovery. Dump the Gapps for the CM7 flash it and reboot.

You may need to install HTC Sync in order for Windows to recognize your device.

This however is a quick fix.

I can't scroll to anything in recovery..........It let me once, but that was it. I've rebooted into recovery probably 30 times now and it hasn't let me scroll to anything since.

the inability to use your trackball during recovery comes from your USB port. Pluging and unplugging your phone has messed with the trackball's circuitry. all you should need to do is plug a USB in and then wiggle it around while moving the trackball, it should start to scroll eventually....

i have to do that with my eris too

highhacker

Reaction score
Hi.yes the usb board most likely broke loose some surface mount components..as a last resort there is a flash to use anomaly recovery with the hard keys as well as a working trackball.its called recovery ra Eris v1.6.2 trackball optional.it was wonderful to get back a functioning recovery .

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Ok I had an eris that would not let me use the trackball to scroll clockwork. This is going to sound dumb but if you plug the charger into the phone then wiggle the part plugged into the phone just right it will scroll up and down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

th1nkbig

Reaction score
I installed the new gingerbread and can't recieve any texts. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? Tried *228 and *22899 and nothing. Really could use some help.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Try doing this:

Settings/applications/managed applications/ tap the "All" tab on the top and locate the message app in the list. Select it, then hit clear data. then go to your messaging app and send yourself a text.

Hope this helps

th1nkbig

Reaction score
thanks illmatic but still no text.

This phone has been acting very bizarre lately. I guess I should point out I had gingerbread before, flashed to March2011OTA for the eris didn't like it, then re-rooted and flashed the newest version of gingerbread GSB. Not sure if that means anything.

tylerh

Reaction score
installed, everything is good so far except, my phone. i had the text message problem, cleared data and it works now. but i can't call anyone or if someone calls me, it just rings to vm. any help?

tylerh

Reaction score
btw, for those having trouble navigating in recovery, press down real hard where it says htc under the track ball and then navigate with your other hand, while pushing down on the htc logo. that's the only way mine will navigate...

highhacker

Reaction score
eris usb port problem

Unfortunatly this is the main reason Eris got pulled . they have weak Usb boards and the dang trackball hall sensors are on that board . just one little tug on a charging cord and all the microsub components break loose. I have fixed a few with a heat gun to reseal the components but its best to just replace the board as it takes experience with micro surface mounts and a steady hand and a microscope to fix them . As far as Gingerbread i love taz gin 22 . it works flawless is faster than anything even xtrsense which i run on my daughters eris . they are as fast as an incredible and hold as many programs as your sd card will hold with out any lag what so ever . Also there is a no trackball optional flash file but its for Amons recovery only . I do not recommend Clockworks at all on an eris they dont mix and your screwed if you got trackball issue which you will have eventually if you got an eris

Al

highhacker

Reaction score
Ok I had an eris that would not let me use the trackball to scroll clockwork. This is going to sound dumb but if you plug the charger into the phone then wiggle the part plugged into the phone just right it will scroll up and down

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
no not dumb at all this where the hall sensors usually the down chip broke loose and it making , breaking contact with the small usb board on which they are mounted . I would get rid of clockworks with RUU and flash the one click rooter (Amons with trackball optional immediately before you loose trackball down function altogether ..

Al:greendroid: