Android Market Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choop

Reaction score
I have the HTC Eris and i noticed that my app had not updated in a while and my market icon is gone and when i click where the icon use to be it says "the linked program is no longer installed on phone." How do i get it back. PLEASE HELP

OP
C

Choop

Reaction score
So my Market is gone from my HTC Eris, can't find the program anywhere on my phone and on my home screen the icon where my app use to be is gone and when i click on the icon it says "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone" how do i get it back? PLEASE HELP

mamawm

Reaction score
i really wish i had a good answer for you but i don't. just a thought, when you go into settings, applications, manage apps, do you still see it there?

OP
C

Choop

Reaction score
mamawm: no I don't see it in manage applications.

bob dammit: what does it mean to be rooted? and what happens if i do a factory reset? that kinda of scares me.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you dont know what rooted means, you arent rooted.

A factory reset will wipe everything off your phone. Once you log back into your Google account, your contacts and apps will auto restore.

If the factory reset doesnt work, then you will have to use HTC's RUU and reflash the OS to your phone.

DisneyRicky

Reaction score
All I can think of is restoring your device. I'm sorry that happened.

If you have a friend with a Droid (same as yours) you could possibly get the Market app from them and put it on the SD card, then place it on your device.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I can think of is restoring your device. I'm sorry that happened.

If you have a friend with a Droid (same as yours) you could possibly get the Market app from them and put it on the SD card, then place it on your device.

I agree, do a factory data reset.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed due to cross posting, you have a solution onyour other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.