Missing applications in Android Market

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Has anyone run into the issue of not being to find some applications in the market? Like for example, the new mario live wallpaper, i literally couldn't find it at all in the market even after I scan the QR code and search for it manually. I previously had the same issue with Pixel Zombie. Wondering if there something wrong with my market or something that might be corrected later?

lehman44

Reaction score
You have to do a back up of your apps using astro or something the like. Then do a factory reset, going through the settings. I course to tr e-download all the apps from the market plus the mario live wallpaper.

dmartins

Reaction score
Did you install Froyo 2.2 FRF84b?
If so here is a fix for the market. Market_fix_FRF84b.zip
Just install as a update.zip.
With it installed I can see the Mario Live Wallpaper and it's free.
I'm installing it. :smile:

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
No I have the official 2.1 update for the Motorola Droid. Well I manually updated it but still the official one.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If you are running a certainty rom you might want to get the build.prop file from the Dev. Changing build.prop files around can break certain features enabled on a rom. Examples are video recording quality, telephone ring delay, version information used to identify which applications will show up in the market, etc.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I assumed you were on 2.2. Have you changed your build.prop file? I would give you a new one but I'm on 2.2. Maybe someone else could. Or you could download a 2.1 rom and snatch the file from there.

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
Can I download another one and replace it if my phone is not rooted? And why would i need to replace it when Google Earth and Pixel Zombie (now anyway) show up on my market place. Just Mario Live Wallpaper doesn't show

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my tethering working on my new computer. Once I get the drivers installed I can upload the .apk for ya. I already downloaded the app from the market but if anyone else can beat me to it more power. I'm coping with a baby and roomates so gimme a few.

Edit: Ok cool. Here it is. Change the file extension to .apk and install away. :) Keep on mind I downloaded and installed on Froyo. If it doesn't work someone on 2.1 will have to try.

Attachments

• com.ccpcreations.android.MarioLiveWallpaprer-1.zip
    182.4 KB · Views: 199

Conechaser

Reaction score
I think sometimes things just don't appear on the market for various reasons. I use Mobile Banking for Android to look @ my bank account and a few days ago I went to re dl it after a wipe and it wasn't there and the next day it was. Happened before when I went to put it on a customers phone (I work @ a bank) and the app wasn't there, the next day it was.

OP
B

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. Hence why Pixel Zombie didn't show up right away but does now

oak2207

Reaction score
I tried clearing the data, but same problem. A lot of apps are just gone for me, ones that I paid for too. They aren't in my downloads section and they don't even show up when searching/browsing for them anymore.