Missed Call - Do we even need this?

bodean

Reaction score
Running the latest FROYO leaks, I am wondering do we even need this app anymore, Missed Call? The reason I ask, is by default on the phone, if you miss a call, you are never reminded nor notified of it. Any input

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The reason I ask, is by default on the phone, if you miss a call, you are never reminded nor notified of it. Any input[/QUOTE]

And thats why you need it.. well, why its useful because you are not notified.

bhawks

Reaction score
I was under the impression that missed call did not work for froyo. When I was going to install the missed call 2.x version it said it LED notificatons for missed calls are not possible in android "froyo" 2.2. Does anyone have this working?

robyr

Reaction score
My froyo droid using Chevy's ROM notifies me of missed calls just fine by default. No app needed...

kevin1016

Reaction score
Running the latest FROYO leaks, I am wondering do we even need this app anymore, Missed Call? The reason I ask, is by default on the phone, if you miss a call, you are never reminded nor notified of it. Any input
Ummmm......what?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Despite what the OP states, you are notified of missed calls (see the notification bar). However, there are no repeat notifications. I'm also unclear why the OP asked the question since he also answered it... :confused:

Maybe I'm missing something?

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
I might have misreported what I was asking for.
Looking to see if FROYO has repeating notifications on missed call? Right now I am using "Missed Call" app, as if I am in the other room, and miss a call, would like reminders (audible) that repeat so I know I missed that call.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With Froyo, if you miss a call, the LED blinks and you get a notification bar icon.

So I'm gonna say "Missed Call" isn't needed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was highly confused by this. You do get notification when you miss a call, got one today.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
And to add to the confusion, you also got notifications and a blinking LED for missed calls in Eclair. Doesn't Missed Call just let you change the color, flashing frequency, and the like?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And to add to the confusion, you also got notifications and a blinking LED for missed calls in Eclair. Doesn't Missed Call just let you change the color, flashing frequency, and the like?

You do?? I thought the reason why we had missed call app was because their was no notifications in 2.1..

ndhill1976

Reaction score
You do get missed call notifications and a blinking light, but with "missed call", you can get the repeated audible and/or vibrating notifications every few minutes as you choose.

To my knowledge you still need missed call for repeat notifications in froyo.

missrachel

Reaction score
I manually upgraded to Froyo yesterday... I'm getting a blinking green light for missed calls. Is there any way to make this light stay on solid??? Missed Call was my go-to app for that,but it appears it does not work with Froyo. :( Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??