Looking for a Missed call/message reminder that works good on Droid

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello. I have "Missed Reminder", from Denis Solonenko, but most often it will still remind me after checking a missed call/message.

Has any of you found a missed call/message reminder that works good on your Droid? I'd appreciate you sharing with me.

Regards,
Rocky

Last edited:
OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I think this should've come standard withe the phone. Sucks it didn't.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Mayble a non-market app? I'd pay for it.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
a lot of things should have come standard but there are apps that make these things possible.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
a lot of things should have come standard but there are apps that make these things possible.

I disagree. Frankly, I appreciate the fact that the Droid is not even more laden down with apps that someone somewhere believes is "essential" and should be "standard." I'd far rather put apps on my phone that do what I want, the way I want it done, than to have to remove bloat that someone has decided I should have.

My wife has Missed Call on her Droid. She likes it very much. I have no real use for it. I appreciate the fact that it was easily added to her phone and I don't have to deal with it.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
I, like lots of people, use my phone for business—this means that a called/text missed might be money lost. Even with vibrate and ring I've missed calls/texts, maybe due to the work environment I work at.

Anyhow, all my "dumbphones" came with a standard, well-working, bug-free missed call/text message reminder that I could depend on. Now this has become something almost as hard to find as the gold at the end of the rainbow.

warrior21

Reaction score

I disagree. Frankly, I appreciate the fact that the Droid is not even more laden down with apps that someone somewhere believes is "essential" and should be "standard." I'd far rather put apps on my phone that do what I want, the way I want it done, than to have to remove bloat that someone has decided I should have.

My wife has Missed Call on her Droid. She likes it very much. I have no real use for it. I appreciate the fact that it was easily added to her phone and I don't have to deal with it.
I agree. If you want a phone to do everything one way out of the box then this one isn't for you. I love the fact that I can go and choose which apps work for me and I'm not stuck with what Motorola thinks is the best. With a little research you can usually find an app that will suit your needs and it's only getting better with time

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I, like lots of people, use my phone for business—this means that a called/text missed might be money lost. Even with vibrate and ring I've missed calls/texts, maybe due to the work environment I work at.

Anyhow, all my "dumbphones" came with a standard, well-working, bug-free missed call/text message reminder that I could depend on. Now this has become something almost as hard to find as the gold at the end of the rainbow.

I agree that in using a Droid for business a missed call can be a major problem. However, I think if you look at what is included in most new phones these days, it's not apps like "missed call," it's bloatware devoted to "social networking." If you go down the road of including every app that a significant niche market considers "essential," your "business" needs will be far down the list compared to the bloatware associated with facebook, twitter, and instant messaging.