Missed Call and/or Handcent

EMC23

Reaction score
I downloaded Handcent and it allowed me to change the led color for notifications. I don't really use the other features, that I know of, because I keep the look of the original messenger. My goal is mainly to have different tones/led color based on contact. Do I need both of these apps or is Missed Call all I need?

I know that answer is kinda based on personal preference so I guess what I am really asking is what other features of Handcent could I be using if I keep both? I did go through the settings and I think that is it but I was wondering if I am missing something.

TIA

raven1911

Reaction score
I think handcent is worth it once you start messing around with it. You can change so much with it. You can even use the batch mode to simply check each sms you want deleted and hit one button to delete them all. Nice feature instead of long pressing each individual message to delete certain ones in a conversation. My vote is handcent and the developer responds immediately with any problems to help you fix them.

KefMan

Reaction score
I really like Handcent as well. The only problem is I don't know how to turn off the default messenger application so I don't get the " Droid" notification along with the one I set in Handcent. Anyone know how to fix this?

KefMan

Reaction score
I've already done that, but it still gives me the "Droid" notification, Vibrate, and then the one that I set. I just don't know why.

Thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have both Handcent and Missed call installed? If that's the case I helped someone with this a few days ago... check your settings in Missed call... you need to disable notification in there too.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Do you have both Handcent and Missed call installed? If that's the case I helped someone with this a few days ago... check your settings in Missed call... you need to disable notification in there too.
Wow. I was having this same problem and didn't even think about that haha. I was getting so mad because I would uncheck/recheck/uncheck the notifications in the default messaging program and nothing worked and I was getting so frustrated. Seems obvious now tho, thanks for that info.

GotnFX

Reaction score
JoyeeDB which do you like better handcent or missed calls..I haven't installed handcent but sounds like they are one in the same

iSecks

Reaction score
What I did was disable notification in the stock messaging app and in handcent, and then use Missed Call for all notifications [per contact and regular SMS, as well as calls]
Works great. :D

EDIT:
JoyeeDB which do you like better handcent or missed calls..I haven't installed handcent but sounds like they are one in the same

Handcent is a full Messaging app replacement that also has custom notifications [for SMS only.] Missed Call is only for notification, but it does SMS, phone calls, bluetooth notifications, and more.

Last edited: