Misconceptions On Unlimited Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok there have been WAY too many people that have misconceptions about the data usage on their phones.

The $30 plan that you got to surf the web and to play with your apps. This plan includes "UNLIMITED" data usage. It does NOT have 5GB cap. This has been confirmed by 3 verizon reps on our site. Also confirmed if you read the terms and conditions of the data plan you purchase. The terms and conditions can be found on their website, or below this paragraph.

View attachment 51

The 5GB data usage plans are for following and ONLY for the following: USB Modems, PC Cards, ExpressCards, MiFi 2200, Notebooks, Netbooks, OR if you are tethering a device from a: Mobile Broadband Connect-capable smartphone or blackberry. Shown in the PDF file below.

View attachment 52

On your Phone as long as you are using it ONLY as a phone to access the internet, play games, listen to the radio, or whatever else the phone is capable of (NOT TETHERING!) it is unlimited.

*WARNING* If you do find a way to tether the phone without paying for it, verizon wireless has the ability to find out that you are doing it. While it is unlikely that they find you if you stay under 5GB, they still have the ability to. They will charge you the full amount for the data usage for the times you've used it if caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This posting is to curb all the people who are touting that the data plan has a 5GB limit.

There has been zero and i mean ZERO fact to agree that you have a 5GB limit. I now have 5 verizon reps and 2 supervisors, and looking through all the terms and conditions for that service plan features, i have also found nothing. The $29.99 plan is truly unlimited. You can think otherwise, you tell your friends otherwise, but as so far as this forum goes, until you can provide 100% hard facts to support your claim, then your remarks will be removed from this site starting now. There does not need to be misinformation going on. If you have specific questions about the plans please contact your local stores, call the reps on the phone, and if you still don't feel satisfied talk to their corporate office and have them confirm to you that this is the truth. Those of you who have seen a 5GB limit stated on documents on their website are referring to, broadband access via "USB Modems, PC Cards, ExpressCards, MiFi 2200, Notebooks, Netbooks, OR if you are tethering a device from a: Mobile Broadband Connect-capable smartphone or blackberry".

misfit

Reaction score
Misconceptions on unlimited data plan

Please forgive me, as a new user, I have a question. I read the sticky about the unlimited data plan for $29.99. And personally, I am not too worried about it. But if the $29.99 plan is EVERYTHING, what is the $44.99 plan for? See the copied text from Verizon's plans...

Data
PDA/SmartPhone Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
right.gif
Email and Web for Smartphone $29.99/month

segen77

Reaction score
if you have a corporate account you have to get the $45 one.

misfit

Reaction score
I take it that the more expensive plan doesn't buy you anything, but they just stick it to your company.

So can you tether a Droid?

Mojo

Reaction score
I take it that the more expensive plan doesn't buy you anything, but they just stick it to your company.

So can you tether a Droid?

No not really... your correct on them just sticking it to companys.

As for tethering, VZW will not officially support tethering until after the first of the year. There is other ways though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.