Minus Looks to Take Down Dropbox – Offers 10GB Of Free Storage and Revamped Android..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

It looks like the popular application Dropbox has got some competition.

[video=youtube;trc0wIzMXSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trc0wIzMXSI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Let's face it, people like convenience & sharing. Put the two together and you have a winning combination. Dropbox, used by many as a way of conveniently sharing files seems to have just been one upped by Minus, who started out as a photo sharing app has been hard at work re-vamping and updating their software. Providing a whopping 10 gb of online storage space for free and for all kinds of media. They even offer desktop applications for Mac, Windows and Ubuntu. Also with a new revamped Android App.

They even offer desktop applications for Mac, Windows and Ubuntu.

Like Dropbox, if someone already using the service sends you a special link — here — you and that user will both receive extra storage space. But where Dropbox only gives both parties an extra 250MB, Minus offers a bonus 1-freakin’-GB. That’s like 300% more free!

[Market Link]

Via: Minus Looks to Take Down Dropbox – Offers 10GB Of Free Storage and Revamped Android App

Thanks CJM for the tip!

Last edited:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Cool..I've been looking for an alternative since Dropbox is too small and SugarSync is annoying

Last edited by a moderator:

andstrat

Reaction score
No folder support

Found out I already have an account and never used it. Well, after installing the client (again) I know why. I can't create folder structures. Sad they have to managed to introduce that feature or have I missed something?

Cheers,
Andreas

nikecar

Reaction score
Found out I already have an account and never used it. Well, after installing the client (again) I know why. I can't create folder structures. Sad they have to managed to introduce that feature or have I missed something?

Cheers,
Andreas
Their website and the demo fro John shows you can do folders.

Help pages: Help - Minus

you can only have 100 files max in any folder though.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'll be happy to have another service on my computer. I'm up to 7 gigs free on my Dropbox and use it SOOOO much, but I halso have 7.75 gigs free from Sugarsync and will be happy to sign up for Minus too. I transfer files back and forth between myself and friends/family, 10 more gigs will be VERY nice.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well, since no e-mail address is needed, you can technically sign up for a ton of fake accounts with your own referral link. Also, this is definietly no Dropbox replacement. Useful for a few things, but not like DropBox useful. I'll probably use this to share photos and what not, or for screenshots I post online for things, but that is probably all.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Ehh, I got 19gb free from dropbox. Plenty of space, this is unimpressive

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

pyro6128

Reaction score
Don't know if they still do it, but you could get an extra 500mb per invite if you use a .edu email address. It also raises the cap on how much you can get free. I just set that up, made a google adwords account and had my ad direct to my referral link and bang, 24 hrs later people all over the world helped me max out my free space.

Now you can change the email address associated with dropbox, so in theory (haven't tested it) if you know someone with a .edu email, you can use that, max yourself out, then change it to the email you want

pyro6128

Reaction score
Actuall I'm pretty sure it was adsense not adwords