Any HTC Android Phone Can Now Take Advantage of Free 5GB DropBox Cloud Storage

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-twitter-dropbox.jpg

Back in September we shared that HTC was partnering up with Dropbox to provide 5GB of free cloud storage service to Sense 3.5 users, but now it seems they have taken that partnership even further. This new team-up with free 5GB of storage will now apply to all HTC Android devices from now on. There has been no specific word given as to when this will become available, but HTC Tweeted the above message indicating that it will be available soon as long as you have the Dropbox app downloaded from the Android market.

Source: PhoneArena and HTC - Twitter & Android Market - DropBox

Ninjak

Reaction score
Wonder if I can add it to my existing free account. I have 5 gigs free now. would love 10 total.

I believe earlier reports did indicate that this would be in addition to existing space. :biggrin: Another checkbox in the Rezound column in my ongoing decision on which phone to get next! But pondering the final decision continues...

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
That's great for those from now on that don't own a HTC device yet, but what about those of us who had to deal with all the Thunderbolt issues. If anything, the dropbox upgrade should be for us first and then all other HTC owners and potential owners. I guess we'll have to just see what happens.