[COOL TIP] How to increase storage in our beloved devices using a NEW APPLICATION

erickwill

Reaction score
I just found a relatively new cloud storage app called Copy.

They are giving away 20GB (15Gb + 5GB for using the referral link) to new users. I'm a pretty avid Dropbox user so I always end up comparing things with them. So far I've been really pleased with Copy. There isn't anything it won't do that Dropbox does. I also think I may actually like their mobile app better than Dropbox's and you earn 5gb per referral without limit on referrals.

Quote:
Copy is the easiest way to store, protect and share amazing things. It keeps your computers in sync and your files available from anywhere, even on your mobile devices. With Copy, you can also easily share files with anyone publicly or privately. Copy for companies extends the cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added control of proprietary company data.

Some great features:
- 20GB OF FREE SPACE FOR LIFE! Thats way more than any of the other guys are offering in their free tiers. And this isn't temporary space like you'd get with other promos from Dropbox.
- NO FILESIZE LIMITS. Some of the others I've tried (I'm looking at you Box) give you tons of free space but then cap you at 200mb or less file size limits. I uploaded a 1GB file as a test and it took it without complaints.
- Multi-platform. They have a desktop sync app for Windows, Mac, and Linux and have Android and iOS mobile apps.
- 5GB per referral you have sign up with no referrals limit! Compared to the others, I could only find 1 that gave 1GB free space per referral. (Note - it says on their website this is only going to be for a limited time so I imagine they will eventually lower it to 1GB or something)

Enjoy your new free 20 Gb cloud storage!

Have fun!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm up to 50gb with mine.
It's slower on their end than Dropbox or Box at uploads and downloads but is still very reliable.
Fwiw, Box had eliminated the file size limit now. I've got 50gb free with them also.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

OP
E

erickwill

Reaction score
I'm up to 50gb with mine.
It's slower on their end than Dropbox or Box at uploads and downloads but is still very reliable.
Fwiw, Box had eliminated the file size limit now. I've got 50gb free with them also.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

I am using 401.3 MB used of 60 GB :) The good thing in Copy is that you have all that dropbox offers and a few features more, beyond the unlimited storage.
I also have accounts at Box, Mediafire, Mega.. but none of these servers offers a good desktop front-end, with features we found in dropbox and now in copy.
For these reasons I am enjoying pretty much this new service ;)

All the best
Erick

OP
E

erickwill

Reaction score
oh, I just reached 70gb! :) And for free! :) By the way, I use Debian as my daily drive OS and I could install the Copy App with no problem. Quite fast and simple.
Here is a quick guide for those how uses Debian or Debian based to get Copy running:

1- download copy from website copy.com
2- extract it contents
CODE: SELECT ALL
tar -xvf copy_[hit tab]

3- move it to /opt/ folder
sudo mv copy/ /opt/copy

4- optional - I like to download a icon too.
https://www.copy.com/include/images/images-std/about-copycrane.png?v=jenkins-Copy_Web_Production-312
download it and copy it to /opt/copy/, change its name to logo.png
5- create a ln for use a command
sudo ln -s /opt/copy/x86/CopyAgent /usr/bin/copy_agent

for 64bit use

sudo ln -s /opt/copy/x86_64/CopyAgent /usr/bin/copy_agent

6- create links
sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/copy.desktop

and put this content on it: