mini usb to RCA outputs

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
gn5U1YPqDoFzOfiOrR9BQ2aRQuLTxy8BOF5InOx1dlNcPe1OEadoDBPhQG2wmMs3RaXtCTdk4Jl6uJEgx_AX7cMEfdBNl-6jhEpm1qjSKMiCUE3j8YszSFP-H7TLMEv0gquNr_uGWhW1Dw4D-Cfmwb3GMTHlWZU

Ok, the one thing I like about the Droid X over the D2 is the HDMI output the X has. Otherwise, I would rather have the D2.

So, here's my question.... I found this online. $10

Can I use that to play my downloaded videos, or youtube, on my TV. I'm not so much interested in HD or HDMI, just playing. Can it be as simple as plug and play????? would there be an app needed. Or is this for some sort of camera to TV thing that won't work on Droids.

Final question if I get the question answered the way I would love to hear..... the USB side. If I plug the mini-usb into the Droid, the USB in a computer, and the RCA to my TV.... could I play the movie from my droid on the TV AND charge the phone simultaneously?

harrellj

Reaction score
I can't say whether it'll work or not but my guts say not. However, you do realize it'll be monaural sound, correct?

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
yeah, but you can y-split the end and you can at least get sound from both sides.... it's not stereo, but mono from both sides..... which is still better than mono from one side.

My gut says no, as well, but what would this type of adapter be for? I'm debating about dropping $10 on it and experimenting....

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
so you need an app to play the HDMI out on the DX for it to work even on the DX?

514giPrYRZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I found this for an HTC Fuze.... so It seems I may be onto something..... still looking for Droid to RCA output.....

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
OEM HTC TV Out Cable for HTC DROID Incredible

htc_86534.jpg

OEM HTC TV Out Cable for HTC DROID Incredible
Brand/model: HTC 73H00348-00M

OEM HTC TV Out Cable lets you watch videos, stream media, view photos or documents from your HTC phone on a TV. Plugs into your HTC phone's micro USB port. RCA / composite outputs connects your phone to your TV or entertainment system. Gold-plated connectors. Additional built-in micro USB port lets you connect a charger to keep your phone powered while outputting to TV. HTC part no. 73H00348-00M.

Compatible with:
HTC DROID Incredible
T-Mobile G1 Blaze
Warranty information for OEM HTC TV Out Cable for HTC DROID Incredible:

SSSOOOOOO...... assuming that the HTC Incredible has the same plug in as the D1/D2 from Verizon..... it seems to be an option

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not just a matter of finding connectors that fit. The device has to support video and audio out via USB. The Droid does not (see existing threads).