mini usb to 3.5mm

peterjariel

Reaction score
Ok I just bought a car dock and it covers the headphone jack so if I was to buy a mini usb to 3.5mm adapter, would I be able to stream music thru my usb slot?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Micro-USB is the connection you have on your phone.

Good find, Abe, but have you tried it? I would suspect that it's requires some software, since the USB connections are digital and 3.5mm is analog. I'd just like to hear from someone that it works before I recommend it to people.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score

Good find, Abe, but have you tried it? I would suspect that it's requires some software, since the USB connections are digital and 3.5mm is analog. I'd just like to hear from someone that it works before I recommend it to people.

Ya that's what I was thinking
But the charger doesn't have a sofware, or does it work differently

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No idea, it's entire possible that there's an IC in that cord that does the DAC for you, but I just wouldn't buy it unless I knew what the thing did.

Unless you're feeling adventurous, in which case, let us know what your $14 gets you :)

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
No idea, it's entire possible that there's an IC in that cord that does the DAC for you, but I just wouldn't buy it unless I knew what the thing did.

Unless you're feeling adventurous, in which case, let us know what your $14 gets you :)

Lol lol lol idk I might wait a couple of days before I get it. And see if some one here might know.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

lol i have not - i just spent 3 extra seconds googling it and thats what came up