Milestone Overclock?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
To overclock my Droid 2, I'm using an app called Milestone Overclock because I don't wanna pay for SetCPU if I don't have to. The problem is, Milestone Overclock only lets you overclock to either 1.3 ghz or 1.15 ghz and you can't change the voltage or any other settings like that. I'm currently running at 1.3ghz.

I was wondering if I should be worried about stability issues because I can't change the voltage and if I should just buy SetCPU, so should I?

droidmatic

Reaction score
You would know if the low voltage was causing problems because you would get a ton of fcs and what not. As far as getting setcpu goes, that's kinda just up to you. If you can run 1.3 on stock voltage and that's all you need, I guess you don't need to. The only thing you need to worry about is over heating, but you probably know that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I actually got a temperature warning a few days ago. I'm being more careful now but if it gets worse I'll probably buy SetCPU

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I think you should get the app. SetCPU not only lets you overclock, it helps protect your phone. If your cpu or battery starts to run too hot, SetCPU steps in and turns things down until it gets cooler. You do this by setting up profiles in the app. I've included a screen shot of my profiles. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• snap20110106_182414.png
    snap20110106_182414.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 376

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would more suggest getting the Droid overclock app by jrummy16. It let's you overclock and change voltages and has setcpu like profiles.

tappin and a talkin