Milestone carrier compatibility list

horazius

Reaction score
America's version (not only north America) of the milestone is 850/1900/2100 3G, and Quad GSM.

lexcyn

Reaction score
According to a press release from Telus (one of the carriers we have up here in Canada), the Milestone is set to be released in "early 2010" on our HSDPA+ network.

According to the Canadian page for the Milestone, it will work on the following frequencies:

GSM w/HSDPA, GSM 850/1900, HSUPA

This should be compatible with AT&T's 3G network, as well as all the major GSM providers here in Canada as well (Bell, Telus & Rogers).

I'm guessing these will come locked to Telus, but I'm sure there will be an unlock available.

I can't wait to get mine!

biutu

Reaction score
So if I am reading this correctly...I will be able to buy the Milestone and use the AT&T SIM card I have. Just that it wont be on the AT&T 3G network...correct? That would be fine with me, where I live the 3G network is practically non-existent anyways. Can anyone confirm this asap? I am looking towards buying one, and I found one at a great price.

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
So if I am reading this correctly...I will be able to buy the Milestone and use the AT&T SIM card I have. Just that it wont be on the AT&T 3G network...correct? That would be fine with me, where I live the 3G network is practically non-existent anyways. Can anyone confirm this asap? I am looking towards buying one, and I found one at a great price.

Yes any milestone will work with any gsm carrier. The only troubles you will run into is 3G but since your not worried about that buy whatever you want. Make sure to buy an unlocked phone.
You can get a milestone on ebay for about $600. Just make sure you get the milestone and not the droid, some listers dont know what they are listing and list the droid as the "droid milestone" and its the CDMA version.

motorola milestone, Cell Phones Smartphones, Unlocked. Great deals on eBay!

Last edited:

aeth

Reaction score
Representing Australia!

Supported Australian Networks:
Optus (900, 2100)
Vodafone (900, 2100)
Virgin (900, 2100)
3 (Three) (2100)
TPG (900, 2100)
Telstra (850, 2100) ('NextG' only with the Canadian version, European version supports HSDPA only in built-up areas)

Toby

Reaction score
oh damn i thought i was the only australian to have a milestone.....

hehe ok not really

trimesh

Reaction score

There are two different hardware versions of the Milestone - both are quad-band GSM but support different UMTS bands; the EMEA version supports bands 1+8 (2100MHz + 900MHz) and the US/Canada/Latin America/Thailand/China version supports bands 1+2+5 (2100MHz + 1900MHz + 850MHz).

The short version is that the EU version will only give you EDGE service on AT&T but the US one will also work on 3G - the two versions look identical, but have different FCC IDs: IHDP56KC2 for the dual-band UMTS EMEA version and IHDP56KC5 for the triple band NA/LA version. If you have one of the US/LA versions of the phone but still have no 3G, then it's possible it's been reflashed with the wrong firmware, since the EU firmware will disable the 850MHz and 1900MHz band and leave only the 2100MHz working (conversely, flashing US software onto a EU milestone disables the 900MHz band).

T-Mobile use 1700MHz (UMTS band 4), and there is no Milestone variant that supports this band - and judging from the silicon they are using it was never planned to have support, either.

trimesh

Reaction score
I think you just may have missed the boat there a little, buddy.

I think you might be right :)

The funny thing is that I did check the date, but didn't notice the "2010" bit - I don't normally necro year old posts, but it happened to come up when I was searching for something else.