All-in-one Ultimate thread : HOW TO root, list of all roms. etc! Check it out!

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Hi All, This is an All-in-one thread with available roms (for both Eclair and GOT 2.2.1 leak), how to root + apply roms for GOT 2.2.1 Leak, petitions, projects, etc. Please read everything carefully and good luck

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if anything happens to your device. Please read the whole text over before applying roms. Use at your own risk.

It is strongly recommended that you wipe data + cache + dlavik (may not be spelled right) cache before applying ANY roms.

Also, make sure to have vulnerable recovery and root installed (I do not think you need vulnerable recovery for 2.1 BUT ROOT IS NEEDED) However it is acquired, root is needed.

How-To Root (On GOT 2.2.1) (All the files were taken straight from the GOT homepage)

Note: Please, make sure your device is fully charged before you attempt to do this!

The following files all have vulnerable recovery pre-installed:

DACH – GERMANY :
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
DACH AUSTRIA :
RETAIL EUROPE (RTEU) :
FRANCE RETAIL :
ITALY WIND :
UK RETAIL (RTUK) :
TELUS CANADA :

Download the file according to where you live.

Now, you must install RSD Lite (taken from <<RSD Lite 4.9 Released>> - GSM-Forum
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I'm pretty sure you may have to install the drivers for your device, a simple google may help.

Next, open RSD Lite and click the "..." and navigate to the file you have downloaded above.

Next, plug in your phone in bootloader mode. To do this, turn your phone off, then hold the power button, the top volume button and the camera button at the same time. Then you should enter bootloader mode. It should say Bootloader at the top. Make sure, at the bottom it says "Battery OK". Please, make sure you have fully charged your device! Then click the start button. Wait for a while.

Once its booted, plug the device into your computer via usb, then go to memory card access. Then go to the root of the sd card (on your computer)

Now, download and OR (For this tutorial, I will be using Androidani 3.3, the link is a the bottom).

In the rar file there should be two things. One should be a folder named "OpenRecovery" (Note: Make sure thats the file name!) and an update.zip file. Next, put the OpenRecovery folder in the root of your sd card. (If you have never used an OR before, you should NOT have to replace anything!) Also put the update.zip in the root of your sd card.

Next, turn the phone off. Now, while turning your phone on, (THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE) hold the camera and power button until you see the M logo, then release the power button but keep holding the camera button. You should see a caution sign. Next, click the up button (on the volume rocker) and camera button after. Keep trying it if it doesn't take you to a menu. Next, slide out your keyboard then using the d-pad navigate to "apply update.zip" and click the middle button. Once its applied, you should have a bigger, longer menu. Then navigate to root phone in the new menu. Once this is done, you should be rooted.

How to apply custom roms:

Now that you have root and an OR (Open Recovery), turn on your phone and plug it into your computer in memory card access. (Or, you can navigate to the OR [By above method] and click memory card access, it should be the first or second option in the menu)

Once you are at the root of your sd card, go to OpenRecovery folder, then click updates. After that, put a rom that is an UPDATE (Some roms are not, some can be nandroid backups. It should specify on thread) For example, as of now, cyanogen mod by kabaldan is an update.

If the rom is a nandroid backup (Again, it should specify on thread) (For example, as of now, MotoFroyoSense is a nandroid backup), then navigate to the root folder then go to nandroid folder and click one of the folders within the nandroid folder (any, it doesn't matter) and put the nandroid backup (AS A FOLDER, not rar) and finally, turn off your phone.

Then navigate back to the OpenRecovery menu and click updates (if its an update rom) and click it, or if its a nandroid, navigate to nandroid then nandroid restore, and restore the rom.

Remember to wipe before you apply any roms!

2.2.1 (GOT) Leak roms:

The Froyo Mod by 89luca89:
[ROM-AOSP][30/01/2011] The FroyoMOD v2.4.0c: BugFixes (froyo 2.2.2) - xda-developers

Cyanogen Mod by the famous kabaldan:
[ROM][beta 0.07-11.01.28][28 jan 2011]CyanogenMod 6.1.2 for Milestone (2.2.1+) - xda-developers

Shadowmod-br by Edgard Castro:
[ROM] ShadowMOD-br v0.9.16 (2011-01-27) - xda-developers

iceandfire by iceandfire:
[ROM] iceandfire V1.0.3 [1.Feb.11]-Milestone - xda-developers

MIUI rom by Miui-Team:
MIUI
Lalit Miui mod:
[Rom](Update:1/28) Miui-1/21 Full Miui rom with latest kernel - xda-developers

For more Miui info, you can go to miui-dev.com (Run by Markhuk)

HO!NO! CM6 mod by HO!NO! (As of now, this must be applied over CM6 as nandroid. Please ensure that the version of HO!NO! complies with whichever version of CM6 you are using. Also, if market is not functioning properly, there is a method to fix on the thread):
[ROM] HO!NO! CM6 mod for 6.1.2-0.07-11.01.28-V2 - xda-developers

There is also a rom called Cronos Froyo but it is not on these forums anymore. A simple google search can probably get you to the right place.

Gingerbread roms for GOT 2.2.1

These can be applied with the GOT 2.2.1 sbf (YOU MUST HAVE ROOT!)

Cyanogen Mod 7 (nightly, so its probably beta) kabaldan:
[ROM] CM7 preview (as in nightly, alpha...) 0.07-11.02.09 - xda-developers

ShadowMOD-BR v2.3.2 by edgardcastro:
[ROM] (AOSP GINGERBREAD) ShadowMOD-BR v2.3.2b5 [2010-02-09] - xda-developers

Eclair (2.1) roms

Telus Lite V5 -- THE Fastest Eclair mod by xslntx :
Telus Lite V5 -- THE Fastest Eclair mod - xda-developers

I think these are compatible with both 2.2.1 (GOT leak) and 2.1

MotoFroyoSense by Dexter Picard. This is a Desire Z port to milestone by the great Dexter Picard. (I can confirm this working on 2.2.1 GOT leak using Androidani 3.3 and wiping dlavik cache + cache after nandroid update. I DO NOT THINK YOU CAN WIPE DATA SO YOU MUST NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE YOU INSTALL):
[ROM][08-nov-2010][v0.25v] MotoFroyoSense (HTC DesireZ SenseUI 2.0) - xda-developers

HTC 2.1 Senseui Mod for Milestone by Dexter Picard. This is a 2.1 sense port from Desire ( I think). (This can be confirmed working for me on GOT 2.2.1 leak using androidani 3.3 and wiping dlavik cache and cache after nandroid backup. )

Other Roms that I am not sure if are compatible with 2.1 or 2.2.1 (GOT LEAK)

MotoBlur for Milestone by Dexter Picard:
[ROM][V0.2d][13-sep-2010] Froyo 2.2 MotoBlur for Milestone - xda-developers

Fast-Light-Rom by HTCDevil
[Rom] Fast-Light-Rom v1 (02.31) - v2, v2a (02.38) Milestone (EU) - xda-developers

Eclair Mod by 89luca89:
[ROM]EclairMOD v0.3b Faster and More Reliable - xda-developers

Now for avaiable leaks so far(2.2)(Froyo)

Jan.25/10 Leak 2.2.1 (I THINK) : Latest Moto leak / 25-1 / APAC - Apps2ext / Ar-Ru-Pt(Br) Language Support - xda-developers

Older leak : VIVO: Motorola Froyo 2.2.1 [14 Jan 11 - Vivo Brasil][OUTDATED: SEE FIRST POST] - xda-developers

Oldest leak: GOT 2.2.1:
http://groupoften.wordpress.com/2010...-2-1-released/

Other (Supposed) European 2.2.1 leak:
European Moto Froyo 2.2.1 leak - xda-developers

There is also a project for brute forcing the milestone keys!:
BOINC Project for bruteforcing Milestone's RSA Keys (This time for real!) - xda-developers

Open Recoveries:

Androidani 3.3 by Azhad:
Androidiani OpenRecovery 3.3 - xda-developers

Petitions:

Petition to get bootloader free + 2.3 on milestone by Wing_Zero85 :
Petition to get Android 2.3 on Milestone and Petition to make the Bootloader free. - xda-developers

__________________________________________________ __________

Thanks to all the developers and all the members that made this happen. I want to say a specific thanks to sileshn for unintentionally inspiring me to make this thread
Please press the thanks button if I helped. If a mod thinks this should be stickied, please do [/QUOTE]