Migrating from OG Droid (stock) to new Android phone - what do I need to know and do?

edmicman

Reaction score
I have an OG Droid that is getting *very* long in the tooth. I'm planning on upgrading to another android phone this Fall, but am wondering what is involved with migrating to a new phone. I'm not rooted and am just running stock everything. Without rooting, what can I do or what do I need to do to mostly set myself up on the new phone so that's settings, apps, etc. would be on the new one?

If I authenticate/register/set up the new phone, what is automatically pulled down and configured? What would need to be copied or ported? What if anything would they do in-store if I went that route? Is there a guide or howto or something out there that covers some of these questions?

Thanks for any info!

Oowoon

Reaction score
I have not migrated, but theoretically, most of the settings I have on my phone carry over from my google account connected to my phone, It used to load all the apps on it too, though I'm not sure if it still does.

Sent from Apex'd GB Droid 2

cb2000a

Reaction score
Also, rooting and putting Pete's GPA 17 (and boosting cpu speed up) will breathe new life into your OG Droid (if you want to wait until the Prime comes out).