Selling phone what do I need to do?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
My old phone is a DROID x got a bionic as my upgrade with Verizon. My friend destroyed his phone. And I am selling him my DROID x. What do I need to do to completely clean this phone for him? I never rooted it or any thing.
I always see it say clean esn on ebay.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nwtflogan

Reaction score
Go into settings on your x and click privacy. then click factory reset, make sure your sd card is removed first, then follow the instructions......once it rboots and you see the touch android to begin..your all set to give it to em!!!! pretty easy.......:biggrin:

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I was just getting ready to donate my OG Droid when I read this. Thanks!!! I guess I forgot about this easy step.

Natey2

Reaction score
Is your phone carrier-unlocked?
Or is that concept a GSM-only thing, and not apply to CDMA phones?
I.e. would Verizon still consider you the owner of that DroidX if your phone was carrier-unlocked and your friend started using it?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
factory reset will do the trick, also clear out the sd card if you're giving it to him as well.

tyvin

Reaction score
The instructions say to remove the sd card first before factory reset...if it's kept in will it clear or how do you clear the sd card?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is your phone carrier-unlocked?
Or is that concept a GSM-only thing, and not apply to CDMA phones?
I.e. would Verizon still consider you the owner of that DroidX if your phone was carrier-unlocked and your friend started using it?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

If the Bionic was activated on the line the X was previously on, then the X is free and clear to go to whomever on Verizon.

As to being carrier unlocked, don't know... I know people have flashed X's to things like MetroPCS.