Might return mine today :(

TinGodz

Reaction score
This phone is great. The reason the battery sucks initially is because they have several battery-draining options already running such as GPS, useless widgets, etc. Once you disable all of this crap and have charged your phone a couple times, the battery is fine. In fact, this battery is better than my OG Droid's.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
ya today.. i took it off at 9:30am... by 11:30am it was down to 57percent :( idk what to do

Don't trust the battery %. Spend 1 day doing a test, charge it up 100%, if you have to unplug and re-charge right away to get that "bump" charge. Then run it till it dies. Write down how long. The Battery % is a lie. If I went by that, my phone would last 4 hours. But instead, on Sunday, it lasted 11 hours with some fairly heavy to medium use (hd videos, uploading to youtube, etc...). Then there you go.

F

FlyFishinX2

I have to admit that I've also thought about trading this thing for the Iphone because of battery issues. I love my Tbolt and will be extremely disapointed if I have to give her up but I can't live with a phone if it doesn't give me two days per charge. I really don't want an Iphone, I just sold my Ipod touch on ebay because it does absolutely nothing for me and is boring, the Iphone is the same thing. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do

trebb

Reaction score
No smartphone is going to last two days unless you buy a big arse extended battery.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
No smartphone is going to last two days unless you buy a big arse extended battery.

Yeah, I was going to say. I have several family members with iphone 3gs's and they have to charge them several times a day. Whenever they come over, they ask for a charger. :p As far as the iphone 4, appears to be 40% better if that (according to Apple). But we all know manufacture specs are usually misleading. Standby time is with EVERYTHING turned off. No way will you get 300 hours of standby time on fully functional iphone or thunderbolt.

No smartphone will last 2 days. 1 day? Very few. Even with the extended battery, people are reporting 16 hours of good use.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
An extra battery and a charging dock should be enough for anyone. It's not made to be used as a PS3.

Got in a full day and it's still at 50%. It's a keeper for me.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Unplugged my tbolt at 4:22 am nd now it's 3:55 pm and I'm still at 60% ...those ppl who report terrible battery life must have a helluva lot of widgets nd what not running

n0yxl

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt has Brett Favre Syndrome.

It keeps waffling over the idea of going to/staying with 3G or 4G. It just can't make up it's damn mind, and it's driving me nuts!

I can't stream ANY audio or video, because the handoffs kill the connection. I am also having sync problems as well.
I work, and reside in areas that have good CDMA and LTE penetration, and it doesn't seem like a location based issue.

I think that I will also need an external battery back pack for this power sucker as well. Ok, I'm being a bit sarcastic; just bummed out over this situation.
I want to like this phone, but it's not been going very well in that direction these past few days...

What to do says me....what to do....:unsure:

TDevilsG

Reaction score
How are you guys getting these battery times!?

I took mine off the charge at 7am, by 11am the phone was dead.

I love the TB, so I may just have a bad unit or battery.

THe iPhone is a great phone, and there is not another phone out there that can match its build quality. With that said, there are just too many things that my Android devices do that the iPhone does not.

1) Auto brightness. 2)I'm running five widgets 3)Turn off "search for wifi networks" 4)Do the "bump charge" method.

I have been running my phone since unplugging at 7:30AM and its at 55% now. That was 11.5 hours ago. My battery life was awful the first three days but has been very impressive today considering. And yes, I have 4G and work right outside New York. I have done a moderate amount of work and surfing on it.

TDevilsG

Reaction score
I have to admit that I've also thought about trading this thing for the Iphone because of battery issues. I love my Tbolt and will be extremely disapointed if I have to give her up but I can't live with a phone if it doesn't give me two days per charge. I really don't want an Iphone, I just sold my Ipod touch on because it does absolutely nothing for me and is boring, the Iphone is the same thing. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do

This phone will never give you a full two day charge. Possibly a day and a half. Its way too powerful and runs on way too demanding a network. People who are comparing it to the Iphone 4, they are neglecting the fact that its 1)3G coverage 2) a much smaller and less clear screen. The TB is extremely fast on all fronts.

Last edited:

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
How are you guys getting these battery times!?

I took mine off the charge at 7am, by 11am the phone was dead.

I love the TB, so I may just have a bad unit or battery.

THe iPhone is a great phone, and there is not another phone out there that can match its build quality. With that said, there are just too many things that my Android devices do that the iPhone does not.

Mine is improving every time I charge it. I was getting 3-4 hours of time with about 1/4 of that on-screen time this weekend. I'm now at 81% battery and it's been unplugged for two hours. I've had all the battery hogging stuff disabled since I got it home though. Maybe some of them just take time to "learn" or whatever. Who knows.

lettuce chief

Reaction score
lol over the weekend my phone had to be charged 3 times to 100% on saturday alone ):

but then last night my friend said his droid X gets hime through the whole day if he turns his phone off at night while it charges. i was like alright ill try it.

well i did and it got me from 7:15 to 5:00 PM. i also did the bump charge method. not bad since i know i can always plug it an, ill be at home most likely anyway. or a charger be available, who doesnt have this kind of charger lol.

sooo, its satiafactory since it got me through.

might get the 1600 mAh battery but can anyone tell me if it makes a noticeable difference? and how much of a difference