Microsoft's #DroidRage Twitter Campaign Becomes #EpicFail; Backfires Spectacularly

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ms-droidrage-twitter-campaign-backfires.png

Just yesterday we shared Microsoft's "mudslinging" Twitter campaign called #DroidRage in which they were calling on all of their followers to share their Android malware horror stories to make Android look bad. Instead, it looks like whomever came up with this lame-brained idea will likely be calling around for another job. Just as we predicted yesterday, the campaign backfired in spectacular fashion as it was almost completely co-opted by a new #windowsrage campaign from loyal Android users.

Perhaps MS needs to rename this Twitter campaign and call it #EpicFail. From the pic above you can see just a few of the hilarious comments. I'd almost feel sorry for Microsoft, but they really brought this on themselves...

Source: Twitter - #DroidRage (#windowsrage)

Sal R.

Reaction score
LOL. This is worth dusting off my twitter account.

skennelly

Reaction score
At least the folks that tweeted about their bad android phone have a one in three chance of winning a new phone. ;)

Last edited:

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Geeks and nerds probably had the best few days of their lives on the tweeter....

99% of the population = no cares given

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Oh Microsoft..... I do like your desktop OS.
Have you tried Windows Phone 8? My girlfriend and I both played with Nokia and HTC win 8 phones in the VZW store the other day. I admit, I was a bit biased going in. I tried to stay neutral, but I couldn't. As soon as I picked up the phone, I thought, ok here are the dreaded live tiles people hate, myself included. After playing with the live tiles a bit, well, they aren't that bad. I wouldn't choose it over Go Launcher, or even any of the OEM's Android Launchers, but I could resize the tiles as I wanted. I could add whatever tiles I want, and for some one like me who can almost get by on a single home screen, I thought it was kind of neat I could scroll down like a web page and not have to jump to a while new screen. If I used 5 home screens, I think the Android Home Screens option wins. In the end, I did not play with it that much. The app market can not begin to compare to Android, but in terms of responsiveness, I hate to say it but it smoked the S3 and Razr HD.

In conclusion, you and I see eye to eye a lot, but I think Windows Phone has a lot of potential. It may not have the customizing abilities of a droid, but it seems to be pretty solid for it's current state.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Sad thing is that MS has been working with Mobile OSes far longer than iOS or Android have been around and why haven't they become a force like the others. Microsoft does it to themselves.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh Microsoft..... I do like your desktop OS.

Have you tried Windows Phone 8? My girlfriend and I both played with Nokia and HTC win 8 phones in the VZW store the other day. I admit, I was a bit biased going in. I tried to stay neutral, but I couldn't. As soon as I picked up the phone, I thought, ok here are the dreaded live tiles people hate, myself included. After playing with the live tiles a bit, well, they aren't that bad. I wouldn't choose it over Go Launcher, or even any of the OEM's Android Launchers, but I could resize the tiles as I wanted. I could add whatever tiles I want, and for some one like me who can almost get by on a single home screen, I thought it was kind of neat I could scroll down like a web page and not have to jump to a while new screen. If I used 5 home screens, I think the Android Home Screens option wins. In the end, I did not play with it that much. The app market can not begin to compare to Android, but in terms of responsiveness, I hate to say it but it smoked the S3 and Razr HD.

In conclusion, you and I see eye to eye a lot, but I think Windows Phone has a lot of potential. It may not have the customizing abilities of a droid, but it seems to be pretty solid for it's current state.

I meant that as in I do like your desktop.... tho....lol. As in even tho you are slinging mud at Android, Google....

I have been running Windows on the desktop since the late 90's. Flaws n all...I still use it. I have played around with WP. Its has some good points. All these mobile OS's do for the most part. I agree about responsiveness. I would rate WP ahead of both Android and the iPhone. On a similar note to Droid Rage....their Scroogled campaign is....wow is all I can say. Caliing out Gmail for things hotmail and outlook.com do....not telling ppl there are opt out options for GMail. There are opt out options for MS's emails too. I wonder if Google can sue them for slander.

Its amazing how Google continues to take the high road vs MS and Apple as far as ads, marketing...