Microsoft Throws Barbs at Android; Calls it a 'big pile of … Code’

rj160202

Reaction score
I am slowly becoming frustrated. It's May 5th and I'm the only one in the house still on 4.4.4. And I have the newest device.

So it's Androids fault that you buy devices with older versions? Good one.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sticks and stones... So where are all your wonderful devices MS?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is some truth to what MS says. However, the problem as we all know it is multiple software and hardware vendors that have to take that pile of code and mod it for their application. If Google was in the model of manufacturing the hardware and developing the software, like MS and fruity company does, then it would be different. I am willing to wait for the updates in the name of variety.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I explain in our Newsbrief how Myerson's comments are actually factual. His comments are not directed at Android fragmentation at all.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It annoys me too. Now that Apple has larger iPhones, I will give them a look next time around.

I bought a Shield Tablet, and it was very laggy with the Lollipop update. The features list was nice and it is certainly fast, but I returned it and got an iPad Mini 2 Retina, and am very happy with it. Yeah, it doesn't let you tinker much with it, but it works well, has a great screen and I went 5 days of moderate use and still had 28% battery left.

The problem I am seeing with Android lately is that while the hardware is amazing, the experience and crappy updates and carrier crap is just getting old. Sometimes you just want it to work and be on the latest and greatest version and call it a day. There are Nexus devices, and I will certainly look at those, but I am on VZW so even that is hit or miss. They either pass on it, or get it 6-7 months after everyone else and still charge full price for it...

I have been a staunch Android fanboi, but I will be giving Windows and Apple a strong look next upgrade cycle.