Microsoft Outlook Email to Droid X

sd922

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to set up my college email and with my Droid X and I am running into problems.

First off, I am doing it via Corporate Sync. I use that rather than the regular Email sync correct?

Second off, I don't know what some of these things mean.

The domain\username would be just the "jsmith" out of "[email protected]" correct? Probably not.

Then the password is my password I can only assume.

The email address would obviously be the "[email protected]"

For the server, I tried to do some research and I found "pod51005.outlook.com" <---- Is that correct?

Thanks

kevroc

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to set up my college email and with my Droid X and I am running into problems.

First off, I am doing it via Corporate Sync. I use that rather than the regular Email sync correct?

Second off, I don't know what some of these things mean.

The domain\username would be just the "jsmith" out of "[email protected]" correct? Probably not.

For the server, I tried to do some research and I found "pod51005.outlook.com" <---- Is that correct?

Thanks

Yes, corporate sync.

Login is domain\user, so you have the jsmith part but you need to find the name of the domain the mail server is on so you can use the domain\user.

Yes, your password is just your password, nothing else going on there.

Yes, your email address format is correct.

For the server it will usually be a variation of servername.domainname.com(or edu in your case). So for a company it would typically be something like mail.microsoft.com for the servername.

If you can log into your email via the web, usually the web url is similar to the mail server entry.

Jpease

Reaction score
FYI: you do know you can only get email, contacts and calendar. No tasks or notes.

That is correct

Enter > [email protected]. BTW, after it validates once somehow it will change on its own to "college". Do not know why.

yes the password configured in Outlook or the one you use to go to outlook.com

yes

Where did you find that? in Outlook account settings.

Straight from MS Outlook.com:

To find your POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP server names, sign in to your account at the following address: http://outlook.com. After you sign in successfully, click the drop-down arrow next to the Help question mark, and then click About. The POP3 or IMAP4 server name you need to enter is listed on the About page under External POP setting or External IMAP setting.
For example, if you're using POP and the About page shows the following:
External POP setting:

I can tell you your edu institution outsourced their exchange services to microsoft. We did that too. Good news is My droid x works perfectly. However, no notes and tasks. I really need to find away in getting full access.

BTW, it took overnight before all info sync-in specially the calendar. Initially it is very slow. But once it is sync'd it works.

PS: Once I got it to work I played with the push option. That messed things up. I turned it off and never looked back.

Good luck, let me know if you need anymore help.

Last edited:
OP
S

sd922

Reaction score
^ Thank you soooooo much. I've been trying to figure this out all day. dancedroid