Viewing and replying to work emails (Outlook)

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I am not knowledgeable on this subject like some of you are. I see some of you have talked about syncing to outlook and how the Droid X won't and you aren't happy about it.

All I want to do is be able to view my Outlook emails and be able to reply to them. I don't care if I delete it on the phone and it is still on my desktop. I just want to see and reply to them from my DX.

Is this possible?

MrMorgan

Xpain

Reaction score
I wonder why people are having problems with corporate emails. Mine works beautifully, much better than with my Droid 1. I even have my work calendar working, and get notifications for meetings, etc...

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I wonder why people are having problems with corporate emails. Mine works beautifully, much better than with my Droid 1. I even have my work calendar working, and get notifications for meetings, etc...

Well how did you set it up?

Mine is Outlook 2007. When I open it up and go to Tools-->Account Settings, under the email tabe it says Type: Exchange (send from this account by default)

I just downloaded K9 and set up my gmail account....it looks great. Now how do I get my work email going?

MrMorgan

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I don't know what type of email I have.....POP3, IMAP, WebDAV (Exchange)

How do I know?

MrMorgan

Xpain

Reaction score
/\ /\ /\ If I remember correctly, I used the automatic setup. Not 100% sure, but it was effortless, that's for sure. I could look at the settings and let you know, not sure if that would help...

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
/\ /\ /\ If I remember correctly, I used the automatic setup. Not 100% sure, but it was effortless, that's for sure. I could look at the settings and let you know, not sure if that would help...

Automatic setup on K9?

MrMorgan

Xpain

Reaction score
no, no... sorry. I forgot to say I'm using the stock email (because it's working for me)

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Morgan, did you try going to Settings, Accounts, Add Account ( that might be a menu button ) then select corp account. You will need certain info about the address of your Outlook server and name of account - but the stock email client works well with Outlook 2007 for me.

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
Morgan, did you try going to Settings, Accounts, Add Account ( that might be a menu button ) then select corp account. You will need certain info about the address of your Outlook server and name of account - but the stock email client works well with Outlook 2007 for me.
Yea I did do the stock setup at first but it didnt work either. I dont know all of the info about the address for my work server.

MrMorgan

OP
M

MrMorganUSC

Reaction score
I am bumping this to the top......

I guess this is something I should ask our tech department?

MrMorgan

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I got mine to work by installing K-9.

Google your internet carrier for its server info. Here is mine using Cox Communications: Article: Information: Email Server Names

I'm sorry but I don't remember the steps I went through to do it but it does work.

I work for the University of South Carolina. I am not sure who our internet is through

MrMorgan

You will have to get your tech department involved. G:)et information that you need from them. I do recall that setting up a .edu account is tricky - "doable".