MicroSD creating problems!

hechesspee

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P5110) which runs on Android ICS (4.0.3). I also bought 32Gb Class 10 Samsung microSD card as the memory could be extended up to 32 gig. But soon I realized that the external SD gets mounted as read only. So it doesn't allow anything to be copied.
I then read in some forums and realized that a permission needs to be changed for which the device needs to be rooted. I didn't want to root my device so decide to copy data into it through my laptop running on Windows 7.

The problem is, I'm able to copy the data into the micro SD card from a laptop using a SD card adaptor. But what ever I'm copying in my laptop doesn't show up when I insert the microSD into my tablet. It just disappears!

Has anybody faced this problem? Is there a conflict in the file system between windows and android (non FAT16/32 or NTFS) which is creating the problem?

Any suggestion to overcome this will be helpful!

Regards
-hsp

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
You may want to try r.eformatting the SD card as FAT32. You shouldn't need to change permissons to use it and a microsd card can't be write protecdted

wcjeep

Reaction score
Wife has same Tab 2 with Sandisk class 10 32gb. No special permission needed.