micro usb light

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i just noticed but there is an LED light right beside the micro usb port on the droid.. what exactly does that do?

lumns

Reaction score
its turns off when charging is complete

djmackdaddymc

Reaction score
Is there a way to manually turn on this micro usb light? Maybe an app or something? I have come up empty handed so far. The screen and LED light don't light up the side of the phone good enough when I'm trying to plug in the charger in the dark.

bomber889

Reaction score
Actually, it turns on while you are charging your phone, and turns off when it's full battery.

djmackdaddymc

Reaction score
Haha I knew someone would say something like that. I use my phone as an alarm clock so I have to charge it during the night next to my bed. When my wife is already in bed before me I prefer not to turn on the room light just to plug in my phone. If there's no app that can manually switch that little side light on & off like Droidlight & others do with the camera's LED light, I might have to start keeping a flashlight next my bed! But since "Droid does", I figured I'd ask.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
there was a thread about this before and some people suggested using a black sharpie marker to darken the light. I wouldnt do it... i just turn my phone at an angle so i cant see the light

djmackdaddymc

Reaction score
Yes I realize some people don't want that light to shine but I DO want it to shine BEFORE I plug in the charge cable. I want to use the light to be able to see clearly where to plug it in when it's dark. Anyone?