MHL/HDMI with TV - a minor yet MAJOR issue

poooookah78

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this?

I bought the MHL/HDMI adapter from Monoprice that was listed from another poster. I paid about 12 bucks for it. I also bought a 6 foot HDMI cable from Walmart (generic brand) for about 17 bucks.

I hook them into my TV, it's a 720p LCD TV panasonic - decent TV, nothing too crazy, but when I finally got all these pieces and plug them in, I can see/hear everything on the TV from my phone. The picture will some times go to gray and will sort of need to be jiggled to get it back to a clear picture. Secondly, the picture itself is fuzzy. I watch 1080p Quality videos on youtube for example, and the picture is just fuzzy. I keep seeing these videos of people watching wonderful HD movies/youtube videos on their TVs from their GNEXs. My question is, do you think it's the adapter or the HDMI cable? COULD it be the HDMI cable? Please let me know before I drop another 30 bucks on this set up.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

lemodular

Reaction score
Another member posted that he/she had an issue with a monoprice HML-HDMI adapter, so it could be the adapter. BTW, why did you buy the adapter at monoprice and get the HDMI cable at Walmart? Monoprice is prob. your best sorce for that HDMI cable. You can always try to exchange the cable at Walmart to see if that's te problem. Also, try to get a shorter cable.

OP
P

poooookah78

Reaction score
Hmmm.. shorter cable? Really? I might try that. I bought the adapter at Walmart because if I remember correctly, the price was better that way. It's SOOOO much fun playing NES/SNES games on the TV with the Wii Mote.... Just ordered my keyboard/mouse combo... can't wait to have that in the mix as well.

So you're thinking it's the adapter?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!