Messing with an unactivated Droid Xq

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I just bought my buddies unactivated Droid X today and i'm trying to root it, but I can't get my market to work. Does it have to be activated to download apps? Or is there anyway to get it to work? I rooted my Droid X a while back but unrooted it. Could I restore my backup I made of My droid to this one? I want to mess with it before I activate it, but if it won't work, then I'll just activate it. Thanks for any help

leftspin

Reaction score
It makes no difference whether it's activated or not. A Droid X that hasn't been activated is basically an iPod touch with Android instead of iOS. If you have the nandroid backup you made of your old DX you can restore this one with it as long as you are using the same Android version.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Question, have you signed in with your Google account on the un-activated DX?

You need to sign in with a Google account to get the market to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
No i haven't signed in with my gmail account. I'll try that. Thanks for the answers

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I can't get Z4 to work. It gets stuck trying to root then FC. Is there an easy way to root like z4 without a computer?

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I got it rooted but it won't boot into recovery. Not with liberty toolbox pro, bootstrapper or manually. I'm gonna try again tonight from my computer

Savagerun

Reaction score
You need Droid2 bootstrap. If you have droidx bootstrap go in settings > applications > development and uncheck usb debugging

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Thanks for all of y'all! I clearly forgot all the steps to rooting and flashing. Got liberty on. I'm about to mess around! Thanks again!

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I can't get Titanium backup to launch. I bought it a while back and installed it on this phone from the market, but now it won't launch. I restored it with Liberty toolbox and moved it to the phone, but it won't show up or launch? Any advice?

Savagerun

Reaction score
You have to install the free version also for it to work. The pro is just a key.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Does it cost anything to activate a phone on Verizon network?