messed up rom update, how do I get back to something useable

M

Matth3w

Do you think Verizon could reflash the rom to stock for me? I am giving up for the night. Try again in the morning.
So you're going to take your phone into VZW and tell them you were hacking your phone when you broke it and could they please fix it for free?

Hey, maybe someone cool there would do that... :icon_eek:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had clockwork and was able to go back to droidmod. there are two ways to do it and both are in this section I will link it for u

OP
T

tacojohn48

Reaction score
I understand how the process is supposed to be simple. Just go into dmupdater and flash to stock. I get an error when I try that. Everything I try keeps giving me errors, most often permission denied. I have seen other tutorials that suggest booting into clockwork and installing from a file that they give you and those also result in errors, installation aborted status 7.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to droidmod and flash dm 1.o first. You need to install it to get sprecovery back.

OP
T

tacojohn48

Reaction score
Go to droidmod and flash dm 1.o first. You need to install it to get sprecovery back.

When I try this I get "an error has occured! permission denied" I click on droid mod 1.0 and it asks me if I want to flash rom or quit and I hit flash rom and then after a few seconds I get the error.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I seen you vzw question trust me your phone can get back to stock.

You can unroot by removing the clockwork files from your sdcard and putting the update.zip and it will unroot. trying to avoid that until last.
I want to try one more thing if it does not work I will walk you through the method i was talking about. Do you have astro file manager. If so go ahead and remove droidmod (delete it). then you are going to go to the droidmod page and install it from scratch. actually I will bring the file here:

DroidMod Updater released

February 20, 2010 Camel 69 comments

DroidMod Updater has been released. Click this link directly from your phone’s browser.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think their may be a problem with the droidmod file you have.

I am preparing the other file just in case

OP
T

tacojohn48

Reaction score
I don't have astro. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the link at droidmod.org
Would that be different than deleting it completely? Can I do this using my computer since I don't have astro?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
astro file manager is free and will save you so much time but technically you can do it from ur computr. Now if u uninstall it you still have the same file on your sd card so every time u install it you installing the same corrupt file

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was telling you astro because that was how i done it. But wants you completely remove that file you will put a new one from the link. I posted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good to know you have your computer because the other way will require you go into your computer sd file remove clock work and install update .zip to unroot but because you still have clockwork recovery I am not sure if it will still make you navigate through the clockwork recovery so that is why that was the last option.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can only have one recovery at a time, so you will have to reinstall SPRecovery.

http://downloads.droidmod.org/recovery-0.99.3b.img

Put ^ on SDcard and then from adb type...

Code:
adb shell
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img
reboot recovery
It can be done from terminal as well, just leave off the adb shell.

if that do not work (what I said in the previous post) I seen this on several threads and it seems to work. You either need terminal emulator ot

OP
T

tacojohn48

Reaction score
in terminal emulator i type su hit enter and when I start typing the next line it tells me flash permission denied before I finish typing the command.