Messaging

dojemi

Reaction score
I'm kinda bummed here. I just got my DROID last week and was told that all messaging was free. Well, I just typed (on the keyboard) a message, sent it and a message popped up saying it was being converted to (disappeared to fast to read the whole thing) and I would be charged. :icon_eek:

Does it make a difference if you use the keyboard? I've sent messages from the touch pad and never received a pop-up message.

Can someone please explain???

OP
D

dojemi

Reaction score
That sounds like you sent a message to a land line ??

:huh: Darn!

Well, I'll trying calling Verizon and see if they'll make an exception for a Newbie. :)

Thanks for your help.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I'm kinda bummed here. I just got my DROID last week and was told that all messaging was free. Well, I just typed (on the keyboard) a message, sent it and a message popped up saying it was being converted to (disappeared to fast to read the whole thing) and I would be charged. :icon_eek:

Does it make a difference if you use the keyboard? I've sent messages from the touch pad and never received a pop-up message.

It may have said your message was being converted to MMS. I think messages over a certain length are automatically converted.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Text is not part of the data plan.

OP
D

dojemi

Reaction score

It may have said your message was being converted to MMS. I think messages over a certain length are automatically converted.

That sounds about right - and it was kinda lengthy. What is MMS? I'm so new to this stuff.

Fapout

Reaction score
That sounds about right - and it was kinda lengthy. What is MMS? I'm so new to this stuff.

MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service. In short, it lets you send and receive pictures and video the same way as a text message.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only way messaging is free is to use google voice

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dojemi

Reaction score
whoever told you all messaging was free lied to you.

My bad ~ I guess I misunderstood him. Just called them and web and email are free but I opted to pay an add'l $5/mth for texting because since I got the Droid (less than a week ago) it already totals $4.60 for 23 messages. :icon_eek: Now I have 227 more to go. :icon_ banana: