Messaging Notification From Nowhere??...

TheVitalVice420

Reaction score
So im new to all this forum posting stuff but ive had my droid for awhile and love it. I use Handcent SMS for texting and stuff, and its an awesome app. Because i use that, i have the stock sms app notifications turned off...

however...

everytime i get a message (even if it isnt in handcent, i also tried using Super-private conversation and its still popping up), i get a notification that looks like a black outlined envelope/postcard thingy, a stock notification icon. it tells me that i have blank amount of unread messages, sometimes it will even say i have no unread messages, and when i click on it it takes me to the stock android app. But im also getting a notification from handcent so i know it isnt handcents fault..

ive tried checking everything and everywhere, the stock sms app has notifications off, handcent has it on a different icon.. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps, i cant f**king find the culprit.

its really annoying and im posting on here to see if someone could help. and the thing that sucks is i dont remember what app i had downloaded that caused this because it wasnt always happening.

the reason i think its another app causing this is because its notifying me from other messaging apps (spc), not just handcent. and it also hasnt been happening since i first got the phone.

i also thought it would have been ADW because i use that, but i also have used widgetlocker and launcherpro and uninstalled both of those and it didnt go away :mad: :angry:

any help would do, :D thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you got notification on the stock app turned off? It's weird and you're probably right it's app related.

Have you tried deleting handcent and reinstalling?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get that when I get an email from my Verizon account. Is there a tone sound when it arrives?
What you may end up having to do is check the settings in every messaging type app you have. Whoisit on my phone is a ringtone manager but one option is notifications in the upper bar
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
everytime i get a message (even if it isnt in handcent, i also tried using Super-private conversation and its still popping up), i get a notification that looks like a black outlined envelope/postcard thingy, a stock notification icon.
It has been a while since I've used the stock Messaging app but I don't recall its notification icons looking like that.