Messaging Apps

Maayana

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been searching for an hour a solution to my problem and finally decided to just make a user name and ask.

I have the Handcent SMS app for my Droid by Motorolla.
I got it because that was the only way (that I could find by research) to have different color lights on my LED)

I've installed and it works fine so far. I don't know about the colored light yet, unfortunatelly. Do all the colors in the app work?

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is, I get double notifications, now I can cancel notifications for the messaging App that came with the phone but that wouldn't change the fact that the text will appear in both Apps.
I've read people's comments and they all say "Stack Messaging App".
Now, I may not be a phone genious but I looked everywhere in my phone and could not find it.

Please, if someone can give me a step by step instructions on how to get the "Stock Messaging App" or how to make different LED colors for different things like, for text one color, for calls one color etc.

Thanks, I would prefer if there was a way to have different lights for Notifications, text, call, reminders, email etc than just have different light for certain people texting me...

I have one app that gives me pinkish LED light when the notification comes up but I have no idea how and I can't change the color, I guess some apps come with their own color... but!

Shouldn't be an easy way to pick LED colors, in the phone?

Sorry it's so long and thanks for whoever answers!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
missed call will do a lot of the led colors youre looking for - most colors work but some dont (like white for me doesnt)

OP
M

Maayana

Reaction score
Are you talking about the App?

The missed call App? I have it, haven't tested it though. thanks anyway!

TekHawk

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been searching for an hour a solution to my problem and finally decided to just make a user name and ask.

I have the Handcent SMS app for my Droid by Motorolla.
I got it because that was the only way (that I could find by research) to have different color lights on my LED)

I've installed and it works fine so far. I don't know about the colored light yet, unfortunatelly. Do all the colors in the app work?

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is, I get double notifications, now I can cancel notifications for the messaging App that came with the phone but that wouldn't change the fact that the text will appear in both Apps.
I've read people's comments and they all say "Stack Messaging App".
Now, I may not be a phone genious but I looked everywhere in my phone and could not find it.

Please, if someone can give me a step by step instructions on how to get the "Stock Messaging App" or how to make different LED colors for different things like, for text one color, for calls one color etc.

Thanks, I would prefer if there was a way to have different lights for Notifications, text, call, reminders, email etc than just have different light for certain people texting me...

I have one app that gives me pinkish LED light when the notification comes up but I have no idea how and I can't change the color, I guess some apps come with their own color... but!

Shouldn't be an easy way to pick LED colors, in the phone?

Sorry it's so long and thanks for whoever answers!

the stock messaging app only lets you change colors if you are using CyanogenMod

if you uninstall handcent or go into applications and find it there you can clear defaults to be able to go into the stock one again to disable its notifcations then set handcent as your main again

the pink one is the magenta option the app you are talking about for that I think is Meebo? and you cannot change that in Meebo I do not think

there should be a way to set it in more apps sadly its up to the devs to make the option

There is an app or was one on market to change it for Gmail and a few other apps I think let me see if my friend remembers the name

OP
M

Maayana

Reaction score
Thanks- I will try it and let you know, also,

Is it not wierd that there are different colors but you can't just change them through settings?
I mean, if the Developers of the phone and the system put more than one color, why not make it easy for us the users to pick them for our applications....
*Sigh*
Sometimes I wish I had one of these old phones with only incoming calls and texts... no colors or Apps... LOL. NOT!! I love my Droid but it drives me crazy!!

Thanks!

TekHawk

Reaction score
Is it not wierd that there are different colors but you can't just change them through settings?
I mean, if the Developers of the phone and the system put more than one color, why not make it easy for us the users to pick them for our applications....
*Sigh*
Sometimes I wish I had one of these old phones with only incoming calls and texts... no colors or Apps... LOL. NOT!! I love my Droid but it drives me crazy!!

Thanks!

Yea it would be nice if more apps used the color selection and let you customize Cyanogen Mod I think has phone & txt options and I think maybe gmail but im not 100% sure on that last one