handcent update

goose719

Reaction score
Handcent

Have a question. Just rebooted my droid eris. I lost the handcent app for messaging. I tried to download it again on the app market but could only find the font packages and handcent keyboard. Is it no longer wondering or is it under a different name? thanks

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know if this is because of the update or not but lately, when I send a sms the little circle to the left keeps spinning!? I thought they were not going thru at first so i deleted the message and re-sent like 4 times. The person told me they got the same text from me 4 times. After the first time this happened i uninstalled and reinsalled handcent and it worked, but now it's doing again and I don't want to uninstall and reinstall every time.

It does not do this with mms wondering how to stop this and if it is wasting battery.

Thanks

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Where are the settings for changing the LED colors? It's been a while since I set mine. Thanks in advance.

notification settings, you can set them all from the conversation list or individually in the notification options for each person.

Thanks, I don't see it for individual notification, I must be missing something? other than my brain, lol. Thanks

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Have a question. Just rebooted my droid eris. I lost the handcent app for messaging. I tried to download it again on the app market but could only find the font packages and handcent keyboard. Is it no longer wondering or is it under a different name? thanks

Was having the same issues this morning, uninstalled, and reinstalled, rebooted, and seems to be better, hopefully.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't know if this is because of the update or not but lately, when I send a sms the little circle to the left keeps spinning!? I thought they were not going thru at first so i deleted the message and re-sent like 4 times. The person told me they got the same text from me 4 times. After the first time this happened i uninstalled and reinsalled handcent and it worked, but now it's doing again and I don't want to uninstall and reinstall every time.

It does not do this with mms wondering how to stop this and if it is wasting battery.

Thanks

ok, figured it out looks like startup manager was causing the issue, I had removed handcent from statup manager and whe i put it back and rebooted any new texts sent the circle stops and disappears.:icon_ banana:

efffin mat

Reaction score
Thanks, I don't see it for individual notification, I must be missing something? other than my brain, lol. Thanks

in the app select the conversation of the person you want to change the notification on. i.e.:

me: hey
them: hey whats up
me: nothing

in the top right there is a little button with a person and a gear, click that and you can set individual notification and bubble settings.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Where are the settings for changing the LED colors? It's been a while since I set mine. Thanks in advance.

notification settings, you can set them all from the conversation list or individually in the notification options for each person.

Da, I figured it out, I had a moment of sanity...

booklady2002

Reaction score
Individual color blinking led

I can't find where you can custom the blinking led light. I know where to find the colors given by handcent but not the custom colors.

Thanks,
Lynda

allikanbe

Reaction score
I can't find where you can custom the blinking led light. I know where to find the colors given by handcent but not the custom colors.

Thanks,
Lynda

If you found the list of colors, scroll down and click custom. A new window will open and you can scroll the color bars and choose a color.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anyone noticed that the blinking notification LED is not working? Even after the update tonight???

libby777

Reaction score
Pity there is no way to shut the ads off - except for "AdsFree" - I'd donate just to shut those off even though there only on the settings page.. I hate advertisements :)