handcent update

Twista89

Reaction score
The handcent app just came out with a new update yesterday that let's u be able to change the led color to anytype of color you want. I tried making a new color but when I set it in my droid it doesn't want to show the color...I also noticed that if I choose colors like cyan that it won't work either. So my question is does the droid have the capability to change the led notification light to any color I want???

alm0614

Reaction score
I use cyan fine..and played with the custom colors and it worked fine.. keep in mind the LED wont lit up if the screen is on

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yep i know missed call will let you change to any color you want - some dont work though (white for example) but you can change them

myDownfall

Reaction score
I've been using all the colors just fine. Setup different colors for particular individuals so I can prioritize when they will get a response. :)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
since the update i get double notifications, about 90% of the time. if i go change settings and change them back the next text will be normal, then back to double notification

OP
T

Twista89

Reaction score
hmm well for some reason I went back and tried it again and now the other colors do work but the custom color thing still doesn't work

Big Lou

Reaction score
I really wish you could set the background of the app as the Droid's Wallpaper. For instance, Dialer One (a phone app) allows you to display even live wallpapers in the background. It really makes it look like a fully integrated app.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I really wish you could set the background of the app as the Droid's Wallpaper. For instance, Dialer One (a phone app) allows you to display even live wallpapers in the background. It really makes it look like a fully integrated app.

yea that would be nice. maybe someday in the future...

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nevermind i figured my problem out, if you use missed call for SMS do not set notifications in handcent.

jawa6969

Reaction score

Already possible. Go into app and hit your menu button and then custom style. You can choose custom BG's for the conversation list and threads.

jbsangel

Reaction score
does handcent still make every fb contact show up when you are entering who you want to send a txt to? that annoyed the carp out of me before...

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Where are the settings for changing the LED colors? It's been a while since I set mine. Thanks in advance.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
does handcent still make every fb contact show up when you are entering who you want to send a txt to? that annoyed the carp out of me before...
theres a setting to turn that off, has been for a while

efffin mat

Reaction score
Where are the settings for changing the LED colors? It's been a while since I set mine. Thanks in advance.

notification settings, you can set them all from the conversation list or individually in the notification options for each person.