Messaging App - which are most using?

cafleter

Reaction score
Hi there. Am sure this question has been asked and answered many times. Interested in text messaging apps, which people think is best.

I have GO SMS right now. Think I like the app itself, but the backgrounds seem very Disney-like and unattractive. Have heard lots of mixed results on handsent. I am aware of Chomp; are there others? What do people think is best out there on the market right now? Why would I use one over another?

Thanks.

sparty569

Reaction score
I have used Handcent, Chomp, and just recently tried Go SMS Pro, which I liked the best overall and I always go back to the stock messaging app.

The others offer some additional functionality, but with the extra memory they use, I cant really enjoy them.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have used Handcent, Chomp, and just recently tried Go SMS Pro, which I liked the best overall and I always go back to the stock messaging app.

The others offer some additional functionality, but with the extra memory they use, I cant really enjoy them.

these are probably the top 3. try them out and decide for yourself

J_Bone

Reaction score
I have finally settled with goSMS. I use a simple theme to keep it clean.
I didn't care for all the others I have tried.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
try them out and decide for yourself
^ This. No one can tell you why you should use one option over another, particularly when you don't provide your needs/wants. That and nothing beats first hand test driving for determining what you prefer. What you prefer and what's popular aren't necessarily the same thing.

shahm0nsterr

Reaction score
I've tried all of them and like features from each.
GoSmsPro is what I used exclusively on my Fascinate. I used the iPhone theme and a black background.

I like the sent notification 'woosh' that ChompSms has
I like Handcent as well, but GoSms has a simpler settings menu Imo.